Fooman's Ksev

FOOMAN

Needed a daily so got myself a slanty KE70. Wanted a KE30 but someone beat me to it. -.-

Found this rig owned by a 24 year old female, whose grandparents had owned it before her. The car had been named 'Carol'.

It's got a bit of rust in the normal spots, paint fade all over it and a few love bumps. But it has working aircon! It's a 4 speed, 4k hicam, if that means anything haha. Interior is crap, tan colour with the original AM/FM radio which barely works. The engine has only just been run in with only 278,000KM on the clock; original engine and everything :D

The car is completely stock, with the only additions being a pair of faded tan seat covers and aftermarket dents (it was the girls first car)

Carol:

post-13000-0-80832800-1362724109_thumb.jpg

Plans are:

Clean her up a bit.

Get 14" rims.

Coilovers.

A working headunit

And speakers.

5 speed box maybe.

Tacho dash.

Upgrade the seats to something with more support/bucket to them.

Very tempted to weld the diff as LSD's for these are expensive as hell and hard to find. And the open wheeler is just crap. But not sure I want to seeing as it will be a daily and not a skidpig. But I do want it putting down as much of the very little power it has to the road as possible haha.

Edited by FOOMAN

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

So far ripped the door mouldings off, tossing up if I should remove the pinstriping too?

New black seat covers, ripped the old factory radio out as it was buggered. Thinking of putting some small gauges in instead.

Got some 14x6" Dragway splats. I believe the offset to be +22, whatever it is, sits perfectly, will need a slight roll when lowered though :)

post-13000-0-23073100-1363585144_thumb.jpg

post-13000-0-19279900-1363585127_thumb.jpg

Did the 14s alter the steering wheel kickback and the suspension noise??

They seem the only way to fit good sports tyres nowdays. What size are they? 195/70?

I wouldn't weld the diff, just such a pain in normal driving and then better tyres work the axles harder with a locked diff. Yeah, we really need a cheap LSD of one sort or another for these diffs.

Haven't noticed any change in kickback or noise. But my suspension is in dire need of a refreshment. Only thing I could say is noticeably different is the heaviness of turning (a touch heavier but nothing to complain about) and the handling of the car. Because my suspension is so buggered with the thinner 13's it was quite rolly and all over the road. The wider 14's hold better around corners. But it's still crap.

I had 13x5 175/70/13 and changed to 14x6 195/60/14.

My reasoning for 14's instead of 15's is I still wanted to be able to get decent tyres cheap, want it to still have a nice sidewall for when I get stiffer suspension and because I like the look of 14's on ke70s.

Yeah, decided against welding the diff. Might just keep my eye out for a LSD if one ever comes up cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Front coilies are in, wheel aligned and full brake bleed. Stops like a boss now.

Adjusted the rear perches but not happy with them, gonna find different springs.

I'm finding it quite understeery since putting in the AE86 Strut/coilovers + JDM Brakes + Powersteering arms + Adj. camber tops.

Need to do something about my rear fenders, full of rust. Have some ebay special plastic fenders on their way, if they fit I'll bolt them on and cut the rest of the fender off.

post-13000-0-75732300-1365151976_thumb.jpg