Toyota Corona Rt80 Engin Conversion

Rgordon93

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you reply, click more reply options down the bottom left, when that loads click on choose file, select the pic you want, then click attach file below choose file, the pic will load just above choose file, then click add to post, then add reply :y:

I was thinking a ls1 v8 anyone seen that engine in a corona ?

I think you need to realise that when you are talking about such an 'out there' engine conversion, the car that you are going to put it in has little to no effect on the difficulty of the conversion.

take the LS1 for example, you are going to need, at a minimum (and at a guess, but an educated guess)

-custom engine mounts

-custom gearbox mounts

-custom extractors/exhaust

-a modified transmission tunnel to fit it

-a decent EFI fuel system to keep up

-wiring mods to make the thing run

-suspension mods to stop it falling off the road

-brake mods to stop it hitting a tree

This is assuming its a legal conversion and can be mod plated (which i don't think it will be)

Now take a look at hte above list, that list applies weather you are going to put your LS1 into a toyota corona, a mazda mx5, a ke70 or a suzuki sierra.

When you start talking about custom stuff, thats exactly what it is, a specific solution to a specific problem that cannot be solved by OEM parts, or generally not even by off the shelf parts. you either pay someone lots of cash to think up and fabricate the solution, Or you do it yourself if you know what you are doing.

I have seen an LS1 in a ke70, so if you an track down a build thread on that, then that will give you an idea of what is invovled to put it in your corona. The specifics will change, but the general amount of work will stay the same.

heres one.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/59361-another-ke70-engine-conversion-ls1-turbo-pics-inside/

Shame about te wide engines and V's is that the rt 80 inner guard is a structural member trust me when I sized up an rb25 I couldn't make tunnels for the intake short enough for my 45 delortos...

But yeah man they're a sweet ride ill be selling mine soon tho as much as it kills me it seems to get stolen every few months haha

You can upload pics from an iPhone, your have to go to the full version of the site not the mobile version.. It's a pain but I did it for most of my build thread. Mine is also an SE but doesn't handle amazing. A W50 would be a great upgrade. Did you modify a different crossmember or start from scratch?

i uderstand that its going to take a lot of money and time to put that type of engine in, i want to race the car at the end of the day so it does need to be cam accepted and the ls1 is not, but i don't want to put an engine that everyone one has i want to chooses my engine and make it fit, like i side before money is not really a problem i am not looking at doing anything till i get some more understanding in the types of engine that can go in the corona and still be able to race. i have a factory that pretty much has every fabrication tool you can think of so i will most like make the hole car custom there is no point in putting that much money in a car unless it one of a kind.

That help me a lot tho in what you said :) i still need a lot of help and advise but i am dedicated to make a car that no one has no matter what the problems.

there are some pics to

post-18143-0-39326300-1363689513_thumb.jpg

post-18143-0-17136200-1363689568_thumb.jpg

post-18143-0-91577800-1363689573_thumb.jpg