Turbocharging A Silvertop

SUS-WGN

G'Day,

About to go down the path of turbocharging a Silvertop, and I have a question. Will it be appropriate to use the stock intake and ITBs? I have seen some aftermarket plenums for sale (pretty pricey too lol) but I would love to use the stock one if I could.

Cheers.

Members dont see this ad

Problem is can the stocko plenum handle pressure? Unless its made of a composite or aluminium, i suspect not.

keeping the ITBs for turbo would be awesome, but yeah gonna need a plenum.

most, if not all, turbo 20vs ive seen have had some sort of custom made plenum.

Yes you will need a custom designed plenum, itbs and turbo is amazing for throttle response. You may even need to oring the throttles to keep boost in, depending on how far you want to push the pressure.

Just a nice set of lower comp forged pistons and you're set. The rods and crank are the same as 4agze items anyhow.

Standard cams would be fine, and even retain vvt for more boost down low.

Will need a W series transmission. I've seen them put down between 150rwkw and 200rwkw depending on a million factors such as turbo choice, CR, Manifold and pipe design, porting and boost pressure.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

A simpler solution I guess would be running a bigport intake with a single throttle body, I wonder how much overall loss that would create though versus the quads though... yes I need a W series!! I would be stoked with 200rwkw for now. I'm thinking of running with a T04E or GT2871r on custom manifold with 38mm gate, I know a phenomenal tuner so I will stick with the stock pistons for the time being. Appreciate the input guys!

How are you going to attach the bigport manifold to a 20V? it doesnt just bolt on.

You're going to need a custom adaptory type thing, and if your going to do that you should just make a custom intake to keep your quads!

ever done any fibreglassing? its pretty easy, and pretty fun.

I'd be doing something like this given the chance.

post-2532-0-89958300-1366234902_thumb.jpg

I stole it from this thread

http://www.ae86drivi...intake-on-a-20V

which talks about puttin ga GTI intake on, with some adaptor plate that SAMQ makes.

post-2532-0-39077600-1366234061_thumb.jpg

Edited by ke70dave

Doing up cars is really easy if you assume everything bolts up to everything else.

Yes as Dave said a bigport manifold is not a viable option on a 20v. If you wanted to go single tb you may as well use a smallport and cut and shut the manifold as it would be better for turbo.

A smallport compared to a stock silvertop will make a bit less hp when turboed, but most likely as much torque.

Ok, I was hoping it would considering it is a Nth-Sth 4age sporting a forward facing plenum lol, I have no idea haha.

I think i'll loiter for an already made custom one, but that GTi setup looks trick, and by GTi is it the Suzuki Swift Gti or is there another GTI of some description? haha.

Appreciate it fellas