St141 Corona

Hillzzy

hey guys, my ae71 got defected the other week and couldn't be bothered going over the pits as i knew it wasn't gonna pass. so i needed a new car ASAP for work and school and looked everywhere for a decent car for cheap and finally i spot this tidy Toyota corona with a for sale sign on the windscreen out the front of a mechanics. first thing i did was ask for the owner and we had a long chat about the car and its history, long story short he wanted $800 for it and i snapped it up!

picked it up the next day with a fresh 3 months rego and was loving life. first thing i noticed was the brake pedal very spongy so i had a look and there seemed to be a small leak in the rear brake cylinders. so i topped the brake master up and bleed the brakes then ordered new cylinders.

engine: 2sc 4cyl

kms: 226000kms

trans: 5spd manual (fair good condition for a borg warner)

diff: reconditioned borg warner

heres a pic of when i got it home:

DSC_05511_zpsa0a16819.jpg

second day i had it cut the springs and was looking gangster

023_zps83dc0f1c.jpg

then thought i needed big wheels - 16x8 +-0 steelies

030_zpsa671e5ae.jpg

got the wrong tyres fitted - looked like a drag car so i sold them

034_zps062e1f66.jpg

front fitment on on steelies

035_zpse1e9dfed.jpg

then i wanted to go low (i get a kick out of scraping everywhere) so i bought 14x6.5 0 offset longchamps!

036_zps31348778.jpg

got new tyres for them and looked sweet

041_zps5322b37d.jpg

then i bought roof racks and Mazda 323 fender mirrors! looked baller and chicks become niagara falls over it

073_zpsac9e509a.jpg

NiagraHorseshoe_zpsd130d511.jpg

068_zps10696277.jpg

065_zpscfdb3334.jpg

911428_10200331247856415_799026032_n_zps5252f55b.jpg

082_zps79593be8.jpg

also have got a full sony sound system with 12" sub and all the good stuff.

Members dont see this ad

got defected for too loud, exhaust sticking out of the bumper too far? too low, geometry out of wack? too much offset and wheels sticking out of guards. didnt have the money or time to get it off defect cause i would have to change the diff as it was locked and all little shit haha sold it to the old owners mate which was alright

got bored at school last week so i went to metal fab and made a tow hook/jdm hang ring not the best circle but it was free, don't know whether to put it on the rear tow hook cause it might attract too much attention from the piggy's?

007_zps750706b6.jpg

005_zps126225d5.jpg

i need spacers on the rear ASAP! anyone used 25mm bolt on's before and they any good/safe to use?

008_zpsea2abe37.jpg

can anyone recommend a muffler that will make it a bit louder? don't really want to get a cannon

cheers

haha would love straight pipes but don't want to get defected again! just sick of the diesel sound of the 2s-c. might save for a full exhaust!

thinking about lowering the front some more, anyone had experience with these and what stiffer springs i could use in the front, i heard front vt springs fit! or should i just cut another half a coil off.

I cruised around with twin straight pipes 20cm past my bumper and never got defected! But I think I was pretty lucky haha. I'd try commo springs if you have some handy - I'm dropping my VS daily onto ultra lows next weekend, if you want you can try my standard VS front springs?

Yeah once at 3am after some skids. I was brutally honest when she asked why I tried losing her in the backstreets I said "cos my car is too low and loud". She took a look and let me off somehow hahaha. 22RE's are sick, I just advanced the timing and ran it on premium, slid 2nd easy as in the dry.. Do it'

yeh shit lucky as! will start to save up a bit of spare cash and if one pops up cheap i might grab it!

well i cut half a coil in the front and sits perfect now but i need to get some better spring rates cause its so bouncy haha

only picture i have at the moment

004_zps1926f885.jpg

i love my schools carpark, there will be another 3 70's there in the next few months haha

012_zpsbfe8b610.jpg