May 23, 201313 yr comment_656763 Hi all I've got an electrical problem with my ke35 and i am in no way qualified to be able to fix it. Here's a quick run down of the car and a list of things that is happening. The car has worked 4k (Oversized pistons, Chrome Molly rings, Big end, main,and cam bearings replaced, Reground cam and cam followers, New valves and seats, Double valve springs, Not sure of comp ratio, 200psi per cylinder, Twin DCOE40 webers, 4-1 extractors, New timing chain when rebuilt, Distributer recalibrated). Also running a davies craig electric water pump and fan. When the car is on... Hazard stalk up = all indicators solid light Hazard stalk down = nothing Indicators on = nothing Headlights = blows tail fuse straight away All other electrics work fine (wipers, brake lights, heater, interior light etc..) I have just replaced the indicator/wiper cluster with this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Column-Indicator-Wiper-Switch-Toyota-Corolla-KE30-KE55-Turn-Signal-Blinker-Stalk-/400473613862?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3e166626&_uhb=1 as the original one started smoking when the headlights were on. Could this be a ground problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Help fixing it would be even better!!!!!! (i'm in north melbourne) Report
June 1, 201313 yr comment_657643 Check all your earth straps. I had a stack of weirdness occur when the loom to chassis strap became loose. Very well could be a grounding issue. Report
June 1, 201313 yr comment_657644 I no nothing about electrics but behind the r/h kick panel is the plug for the rear lights . I would unplug it and see if it makes any difference. You need to rule out 1 thing at a time. I would wait till the auto electricky guy i think gdm comes along. rob Yep this guy ^^^^^^^ Edited June 1, 201313 yr by corollaart Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now