4k-c Top Speed?

Members dont see this ad

Would also depend very much on shape of car (wind resistance), weight, type of tyres (rolling resistance) and some other things I can't think of right now. Oh yeah, also the tuning of your engine (whether you've tuned it for more torque down low or more power up high)

My Corolla maxes out at about 130km/h on flat ground (just over 4000RPM) and about 140km/h downhill. I've however heard of other 4K-C Corollas maxing out at higher speeds.

Yea Terminal Verlocity. The car may not be at its max RPM but the engine can't push it any faster (watch the V8s as they tear down conrod straight! I think they only make it to like 6500rpm...maybe a bit more but their redline is like up in the 8000s)

4K-Cs sound...weak! Ive had my rolla up to 130+ (85mph) with my old 4spd That was at about 5000rpm (can rev out to 6000) but it still felt strong. I have no idea what sorta speed I can do with the 5spd (speedo is outta wack).

just I'm scared I'd break something 

As am I, and I'm sure just about everyone else on this forum. But what's the point of owning a car if you're not going to *drive* it? At least we own Corollas, that are vaguely reliable, and cheap to fix :P And if you break something majorly (like I did my Lancer), it isn't THAT much of a loss. Not that you'll do that, cause 4K Corollas are too slow to really get you in any trouble anyway...

If I had another car I wouldn't worry about it, still tossing up if I should just start another project car and leave my daily driver stock. It all comes down to the fact that I rely on my car heavily for work, I'd love nothing more than to strap around QR in my car...

• 5 weeks later...