Xt130 Control Arms Ke55

Kickers

You'll have to use another driveshaft from a manual ke55.

Gearbox x-member - you'll need to either to make one or the auto's x-member is welded to the manual's x-member. Either way you go, you'll need the rubber mount from the ke70 g'box (its different to the '55)

In a automatic ke55 or late '30 swapping in the '70s manual box is a bit of a muck around with the x-member but your not cutting the trans tunnel and cause the shifter pokes up through the hole for the auto selector it sits in a much better spot.

Members dont see this ad

Theres 3 ways to change camber, at the top, at the middle or at the bottom. Equal headache for less supported cars.

Top = cambertop / coilover conversion as std spring diameter hits inside of tower.

Middle = Bend stub axle or notch, reangle and reweld strut tube to axle stub.

Lower = LCA conversion with track increase (legalities) and swaybar / radius rod fitament.

All have pros and cons regarding suspension overall or legalities.

Edited by styler

Top = cambertop / coilover conversion as std spring diameter hits inside of tower.

Why the need to go coilover's ? Like i said before, ke70 struts fit. The only thing needed to change is the bearing plate and thats it. Period.

I think the theory is that if you install the camber plates, you wont be able to lean over the strut much before the spring (oem being ~150mm OD) hits the inside of the strut tower.

And "coilover" springs usually being around ~60mm of OD there is plenty of room to lean over the strut.

if the strut is around 500mm long (not sure on this...), then to get 1 degree change you need to mvoe the strut over by abotu 9mm. you might get that with the standard springs before it hits the inside of the strut tower..

How wides the ke70 spring ?

I know their wider then the coilovers but at least your not mucking around with those weld on jobs that could make the car illegal and not having to spend upwards to a grand or however much the complete struts are.

And on the other side of using the ke70 struts, unless you knew what you was looking at you wouldn't even know it.

Hi guys,

on this subject of front suspension swaps/brake upgrades, would RT142/ST141 Corona front struts bolt in to my KE30

& would i have to use the RT142 LCA's. I've been told this is an easy swap for the KE70 but i'm not too sure about the KE30.