Ke With A 3.8ltr

KE-3.8

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting propersition, a 3.6 boat anchor in a KE Rolla. Me personally I hate these motors, apparently if you run outta fuel in one of these the fuel pump dies, and what's the go with the pulleys? If one breaks you have to replace the whole f@$king thing! But my mate had a VN 5 speed and let me assure you it went pretty hard :P

Best of luck mate,

Brad

Ive seen it done on a ke 20 & 30 and am waiting for a family member to finish their 70 with one.As far as engines are concerned try & get an ecotec model or series2 vp keep it close to stock & save for cam , rollerrockers1.8 ratio & a hidden N20 system. Speaking from experience this will be more than enough to fry tyres,turboes & any other half assed modded v8. need any info on this sort of build just pm and i can help.

PS ive made 240rwkw out of an internally stock engine so don't be scared to lean on them.

• 2 weeks later...

i think it will be interesting...i have seen this done in KE30s and geminis, even datsun 1200s so i think it will *fit* i agree if you want to do burnouts, and maybe go fast on the 1/4 its a great idea, put i 1GGZE sc14 supercharger on it and it would fry tires like nothing else.

If you want it to be a streetcar, id be getting some advice from an engineer, it will be way nose heavy.

have you considered a 1GGTE or 1GGZE?

they are lighter, and most likeley cheaper than the neandathalic pushrod v6, and theres heaps more potential for later mods.

point being? :)

anyway. i have a really good idea with this one.

f@$k off the commo motor.

wait 12 months.

buy an engine from the new supra coming out.

place afore mentioned 4L v6 in ke

go kick the shit out of every arsehole on the street.

and be happy

Ive seen it done on a ke 20 & 30 and am waiting for a family member to finish their 70 with one.As far as engines are concerned try & get an ecotec model or series2 vp keep it close to stock & save for cam , rollerrockers1.8 ratio & a hidden N20 system. Speaking from experience this will be more than enough to fry tyres,turboes & any other half assed modded v8. need any info on this sort of build just pm and i can help.

PS ive made 240rwkw out of an internally stock engine so don't be scared to lean on them.

ok.... more info please? :P

Fab work required? Gearbox to go back with it?

In the KE30 preferrably.... closest thing to a KE55 :| hehehe