Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke With A 3.8ltr

Featured Replies

hey guys how are you ? I'm in the process of finding a nice little ke70 and converting the engine to a 3.8ltr V6. just wondering what you guys think about it ?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

well thats your choice i guess, dud anything will fit into any engine bay, its all about engerniering. i think it will be a good project and hopefully ill have fun doing it.

You have to ask yourself this.

 

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and steers like aboat around corners cos of a heavy front end

 

OR

 

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and also can turn corners?

  • Author
You have to ask yourself this.

 

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and steers like aboat around corners cos of a heavy front end

 

OR

 

Do you want a car that goes fast in a straight line and also can turn corners?

 

well yeah I'm looking for a light weight car that has hp, mostly for racing the 1/4, my first project was a RX4 with a 351 clevland it it, you guys seem to be about drift if I'm right ?

I saw one of these conversions in an escort...

 

it did good skids I guess....thats about it. don't think it ever made it to the strip, not sure.

well thats your choice i guess, dud anything will fit into any engine bay, its all about engerniering. i think it will be a good project and hopefully ill have fun doing it.

 

You asked, I gave.

 

A couple of points.

 

One: Contrary to some opinions in here, I'm not a dud.

 

Two: It's spelt "Engineering". It's done by "engineers". I happen to be one. As such, I can happily ask the question "will it fit" knowing that the strut towers limit the room available to insert engine. Unless one is going to install a wishbone set-up, you may wish to consider the limitations.

 

And, as an engineer, I honestly would like to see the finished result, even if it isn't my cup of tea. No.... Really. I would.

 

R

R

I never knew you were an engineer.....

 

I'm gonna fire you off a PM later on :)

 

And no, we're not called Toymods, so we're not about drift. I think most people on here are about racing/rallying/motorkhana's if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by AE35

  • Author
I never knew you were an engineer.....

 

I'm gonna fire you off a PM later on :)

 

And no, we're not called Toymods, so we're not about drift. I think most people on here are about racing/rallying/motorkhana's if i'm not mistaken.

 

nah mate I'm not an engineer, i do all the convertion and custom stuff myself, my brother is an engineer.

Well, this I have to see.

I know a the guy acroos the road just fit a V6 commo motor in a KE30 but they have different engone bays to KE70s I'm assuming.. not by much. I ain't sure if it's wider or what... but it fit. Mate you want a horsepower hereo...

Either get your hands on the 1GTTE (2.0l in-line 6 cyl, twin turbo.. talk to empt2g on these forums) OR, go a 302 V8 in it :) ... if you are dead set keen on the V6 conversion... go for it.. and I'm gonna subscribe to this one to see the result

I ain't bagging you... I just love watching crazy conversions and projects :)

By the way.. Welcome to Rollaclub.

Anything will fit

Not neccesarily, that would mean I could fit a WWII 12L Merlin engine in my KE55, and then own everyone at the racetrack, it'd be fully sick uleh!!!1!

 

All about drift, am I right?

Haha, no. Actually, only a minority of us are actually involved in drift.

 

3.8L

Commo motor, ay? Don't like your chances of getting it licenced (nil), so I guess it will be a dedicated drag 'weapon' :)? I am actually quite interested in this buildup, really want to see how this all works and how well it actually performs.

One of the members has actually seen a 3.8L KE55... I think. Don't quote me on it.

 

Anyway, apart from all this, Welcome to Rollaclub. Enjoy your stay :).

 

 

EDIT: Well, in the time during me eating dinner etc. Tiger posted about the 3.8L KE55. So there you go.

 

Dan.

I think it's a good idea, it's different, I like different.

 

As previously mentioned...I'm not into racing, nor the ability to turn corners fast, so a front heavy powerful burnout machine sounds like a shit load of fun to me :)

nah mate I'm not an engineer, i do all the convertion and custom stuff myself, my brother is an engineer.

 

me thinks he was reffering to rob...

^^ i picked up on that as well, and thought.. pfft, why bother even trying to think / type my thoughts :wink:

 

Good luck with the conversion.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a rolla draging its

front bumper doing 12sec quaters.

Why a 3.8l anchor. There are other lighter more

powerful options about.

A 4.5l alloy Rover motor comes to mind and you

would still have handling.

 

Best of luck Welcome to the Madhouse!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.