March 5, 200620 yr comment_105592 Once I find my old guages (buried somewhere in the garage) I will do a pictorial edition of the steps layed down above - showing which tolls and layers etc to use in photoshop. Sorry - took me 8 months - man am I slack. Ok here is the start of the guages for an AE8# .... I have done a significant amount of clean up and photoshop work on these so if you would like to use them ask and I'll send the PSD file. This image is the left and right warning lights. This image shows how the lights look in the on and off configuration. (You need to click on it to see the animation of lights working) This image shows what Nick might need to custom your stickers - or what you would need to change and print (all the black is what needs replacing) This shows the work I have done in photoshop Each side is grouped together. Each light has its own symbol and text (on separate layers) The lights are on 2 layers (on and darkened) The background (black) is a separate layer Effectively you can change any of the text to a font you like (I used aero) or turn off the text (thats my plan). My plan is to remove the text and have nick cut stickers to match the black on a brushed metal or chrome sticker - place the sticker over the panel and bingo. Soon to come: Speedo Panel Tacho Panel * Clock Panel * Blank Panel * * this is the panel to the right of the speedo - changes depending on the model. Report
March 5, 200620 yr comment_105677 hey man. have fun with it. check mine out i only did the tacho and speedo panels. not the symbols etc. I'm brainstorming ideas and possibilities to change the lights behind it too.... i don't like the ones on there... Edited March 5, 200620 yr by zmit Report
March 5, 200620 yr Author comment_105714 hey man. have fun with it. check mine out i only did the tacho and speedo panels. not the symbols etc. I'm brainstorming ideas and possibilities to change the lights behind it too.... i don't like the ones on there... I replaced the standard globes (and the crappy rubber covers on them) with LEDs. Play and Play - available from most auto stores for about $10 a pair (you need 3) Now I have sweeeeeett blue light in my guages Report
March 7, 200620 yr comment_106027 hey ruts. thats exactly what i want!!! can u give me a model umber or at least the shop u got em from? please. i really need to change em... :P theyre startin to tick me off.... they will probly shine thru my gauge tho.... but ill see how i go. then maybe mod the gauges again. thanks man by the way, thanks tiger Report
March 8, 200620 yr Author comment_106142 Grabbed my globes from the rice section of SuperCheap ($10 a pair in various colours) They are push-ins - just swap out the 3 globes on the back of the speedo cluster casing See the effect here -->> http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...indpost&p=67510 Report
March 8, 200620 yr comment_106160 Do you have issues with reading the guages at night? I ask cause i thought the same thing but i can't read half my guages at night with the new lights. Does anyone know of any ways to remedy this problem. Report
March 8, 200620 yr Author comment_106178 Mine read quite well at night - they are actually easier to read as they have more light but not an excess of light Report
March 11, 200620 yr comment_106492 ok. that looks sick.... super cheap here i come :D ok... maybe on sunday :) thanks for that ruts. thats exactly what i was after... just didnt think to look at the auto shops for some replacements :P hows it goin with ur gauge face mod? Edited March 11, 200620 yr by zmit Report
March 11, 200620 yr Author comment_106549 havent had time to do much work on them - the ones above took a few hours believe it or not. I have scans of the main guages and have most of the speedo done - just need to factor in a few numbers - all will be revealed soon. Report
March 14, 200620 yr comment_106951 hey man. i got those lights. they look awesome, but my faces arent thick enough.... so it shines through a little too much :D looks like I'm gonna have to try and find some plastic to back it Report
March 14, 200620 yr Author comment_106958 here is the start of my Speedo setup - again I have all the elements as separate bits for anyone willing to do some photoshop work Report
March 15, 200620 yr comment_107000 ahahaha love the 'wow' top work! Might come and run to you guys if I get inspired and ask for some hints on my ke70 cluster. keep up the good work! :D Report
March 15, 200620 yr comment_107062 hey hey, danno. welcome aboard/back ive donated my lights to my dads XR turbo :D so ill have to get some more (blue parkers look sick on a falcon) ruts. i reckon u should change the 'wow' to 'impossible' :D (proven ;) it doesnt like 180) Edited March 15, 200620 yr by zmit Report
March 15, 200620 yr comment_107109 this picture gave me an idea and i'm wondering if anyone has seen it or tried it before. But would it be possible to have a light setup where based on revs your speedo actually changes colour from green to yellow to red ie like a shift light i reckon it would be a cool effect, although some may say it would be tachy but hey they probably have a shift light anyway :D hehe here is the start of my Speedo setup - again I have all the elements as separate bits for anyone willing to do some photoshop work Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now