Ke20 Lot Of Small Questions

Hey :) in a couple of days I'm going to drive to oslo and pick up my fist corolla ever, I'm been looking of some photos of some other corollas and i have decided what i want to do with it ( erll almost decided) :) its a 1975 KE20 , pissyellow 1,2 ( thinking of putting a 2L 5R in it :) )

(sellers photo)

11050493_720x0.jpg

it got some small trubles, but not any big ones :) a bit of rust, a broken front whindsheild and some lights that don't work :)

but i think the ke20 is too narrow, so I'm thinking of buying fender flares, wider rims/tires and some spacers to make it look wider, and buy lowering spring in the front ( never worked on a front suspention before , i don't need to modify anything to lower it in the front ? only take off the spring and replace it with an aftermarket? like this one? , i have experience with lowering leaf springs , so that will work out :)

then the flares, will those fit?

i also need to replace the wheelbarings, are they the same (front- rear? ) , i can only find one type... this one will those fit anywhere at all? :P

i also like the look of fender mirrors ( my dad almost killed me when i told him about my plan to mount fender mirrors on it , he does not like them, haha) so i think i will be buying some and fix them to the fenders, is it impossible to find them in chrome? i can only find those here, i like them too tho

I'm not shure if Ill make it into a rally lookalike or make it nice and tidy... if so, I'm going for bright orange :D like this

1024px-Toyota_Sprinter_Trueno_TE27_orange.jpg

or like this (maybe a diffrent paint jub/decals to....) :) and with wider fenders etc.. :)

KE20Rally.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Keep it clean,keep it simple.

Retain the 3k/4k engine they're fairly hard to kill,

Put flares on and some suitable old school rims (hotwires tridents spitfires etc).

DON'T put new style big wheels on it's just not right!

Lower it of course and enjoy.

My ke35 is clean and simple and i reckon it looks great

post-18335-0-36699100-1374733189_thumb.jpg

I'm NOT going to put new wheels on! thats not nice!

your car has the right rims and hight :D awesome car!

iv found thees (http://www.finn.no/f...archQuery=4x100) rims 10 km from where the car is located, I'm going to go pick it up tomorow... anyone know if 7" wide rims will fit a KE20? :o need to know that before i purchase them... , anyone got a clue? :)

and here is a pic for those of you that are to lazy to click the link ;)

13x7 ... I'm a bit worried that 7 inch is too wide ... :(

50_1641505652.jpg

Edited by SM Hunter

and, is it dangerous to drive with tire stretch, like this?

Its never interested me, but I did sit around a dinner table with a guy who owns a few tyre stores and he reckons they pop off the rim too easily, any pothole or hollow in the middle of a corner. He won't fit them from a liability viewpoint.

I don't know how wide is too wide.

Go for the rally paintjob!

Nice ride. I have a ke55 sedan in the shed here which has plenty of rust but thats ok as i have plenty of time. the ke35 got stripped back to bare metal and had new sills,new spare wheel well etc all fabricated. They're old cars so expect a bit of rust. 7 inch wide wheels should fit, my wheels on the ke35 are 14x7 with 185/55/14 tyres. i've run it with 1 inch spacers before as well. Looked great but scrubbed the tyres plenty even with the flared guards.