Ke70 Panno Build

Angus_257

got the center off the adm ae86 and the axle compared to the panelvan length wise, seems the same (without measurements) but the 86 has a smaller OD on the bearing than the KE70 panelvan measurements. ADM AE86 62mm. JDM KE70 66mm, as the bearing on the 86 looks new i was going to swap them over BUT they are different. the axles both measure the same OD.

Edited by Angus_257

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well diff center went in no worries, both centers were 4.3 ratio so don't have to worry about speedo being out, but while i was doing it i noticed the wheel bearings are F*#$@ed, and could well be making he noise, still yet to test drive it tomorrow morning but hopefully all goes to plan. but the centre i took out was hammered anyway, the oil in the diff was about 1500ks old and it was literally metalic silver! while the 86 looked like fresh honey so I'm confident it will be SLIGHTLY better :yes:

new strut brace ordered from Ebay arrived today, for an ae86 so had to elongate the holes a bit, but for 70 dollars you can't complain! and a picture of the 86 axle along side the ke70 axle.....

and my most hated part about this car :fuzz:

post-18971-0-13173800-1390979573_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-86573500-1390979585_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-95904200-1390979595_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-68410500-1390979604_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

now its off defect, i have decided to turbo the 4K, just to see how it goes! was thinking have a decent fuel setup with surge tank etc so once this goes bang and i have the cash to do a 4age or whatever else, the fuel system wont need changing, i was wondering if anybody could give some info on how they made their blow through turbo setups, I'm making a j-pipe from the standard manifold to a t25 off an s13. running a front mount intercooler and back into a 32/36 weber. the fuel system i was thinking is a lift pump into surge tank, after surge tank have an aeroflow fuel pump thats 14psi max feeding to the front where ill have a 1:1 rising rate fuel pressure regulator. so on idle it will be giving the carby 3psi (or whatever is necessary for that weber) and when boost comes on the fuel pressure will be rising 1psi extra fuel to every 1psi of boost going into the motor, and the return overflow of fuel back into a T piece to the fuel feed line. i only plan on running 6 psi will the standard motor hold up okay with this small amount of boost? and is there anything else fuel/ turbo wise that will be needed? oil and water lines for the turbo have already been sorted! cheers :greenbounce:

Edited by Angus_257

Keeping the original motor in a car always makes me a little happy if it's worked well - keep it up dude.

Makes me regret selling my van - I should have lived like a peasant to afford two cars.

Edited by B-Lugg

Just run an efi main pump like a vl turbo pump, otherwise you'll end up changing it for you efi 4age, the ref will bring it back down in pressure for the carb. There its a low pressure carby rr ref available but I'm interested to see just how low you can wind an efi down. The Webber will happily take 10 odd psi of fuel pressure.

Your return line should go back into the surge tank.

Turbo choice doesn't sound too bad, you might not believe me but I personally think t25's are getting a little on the small size for a 4/5k.

Stock motor will also happily take around 15 psi if tuned well. The fun doesn't really start until at least 10 psi. Lol

i have heard that about the t25s but for 6-8 psi should be fine, i don't plan on revving the crap out of it so the t25 should be good till i get bored haha. with the pump thats why i didnt want to run any more than necessary, and a vl pump was definatly on the cards but the really high pressures were what steered me clear of it, plus i have a use for this pump to feed a big carb on my kingswood once i decide to change to efi in this, so it will all work out pretty good i reckon.

as for drivability, what is it like? I'm sure i will have to get the dizzy recurved so it doesnt run as much advance which would probably make a fair difference id think.

cheers :D

When I had this type of fuel setup with my carby turbo kit (vl pump) I ran the power feed for it through a ballast resistor to drop the pressure and flow a bit. Then removed it when I went efi.

Its hardly worth the effort for 6-8 psi! Get 15 up it and you'll forget all about 4age!

hahaha its more so its a little more fun to drive, gain a bit more knowledge and see how long it lasts with a simple setup with low boost settings, although i do have a spare engine just sitting there ready for a freshen up.... :hmm: maybe when i no that the motor can handle it ill have more boost haha

• 1 year later...

Well it's been a long while since any updates, lost my license for a year because my p plate fell down while on good behaviour, haven't started on turbocharging the 4k yet, but I'm getting my license back tomorrow, and while i was servicing it a few weeks ago getting it ready to go after sitting around for a year, I decided to put in some xt130 lcas I had sitting around that I had from my ae71 drift car, build thread is Ae71 Bt20v. And also whilst I was there I blasted and painted them, put in some ajps rack mount bushes, ajps lock spacer, ajps slim ball joints and superpro lca, castor rod and swaybar link bushes to stiffen up the front, am definitely keen to take it for a drive and see how it all feels with the new bushes! Will post again soon with feedback!

• 4 weeks later...

Well today I put the coilovers out of my drift car into this seems I'm upgrading, they are xt130 struts with 8kg hsd coilover sleeve kit with helper springs that I welded on, kyb AGX shocks with 4 way adjustable dampers, I also have some 50mm ajps RCAs to put on once I lower the rear end and wind it down a bit

post-18971-0-92594400-1441432454_thumb.jpg