2Jz-Ge Into Ke70 Conversion

van_kool1

Alright this might come across badly but meh...

I would say that putting 2jz ge or Ecotec in a KE70 is 100 times out of 100 a waste of money.

Power to weight of both these engines suck! (1/2jz gte is different)

I'll flat out say Ecotec's are not good (maybe for carrying around families with shit fuel economy)

I'll also throw out that N/A 2jz suck unless you compare them to 5-6-7M/1G/RB30 etc

Motors in my opinion that would be worth while (power vs cost vs potential) pulling apart a KE70 in no particular order.

4AGE

3SGE/GTE(non beams they cost way too much)

SR20DET

1UZFE

13B if you could get the motor and box at a good price.

2AZ FE

1/2JZ GTE-turbo RBs as well

LS

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Members dont see this ad

If you're looking to bomb up a second motor rather than the one in the car, get yourself a 5K or 7K as a base.

Even a stock 5K will give you at least a 20% increase in usable power & torque - i.e. a very noticeable improvement, plus maybe that again by the time you fit extractors and 1 3/4" exhaust, skim the head, grind a cam and improve carburetion.

A stock 7K has nearly 50% more power than a stock 4K.

Build it on an engine stand, budget for a bit over 2 grand, drive your car in the meantime and then slip it in over a long weekend. It'll buzz like a rotary and do static one-wheel skids on dry bitumen. Good times!

And for the record, my dream engine conversion (weighing up cost/power/potential) would be a 2.7litre Hilux 3RZ and W56 combo. Naturally aspirated would be a kick-arse street car. Turboed and tubbed I'd go racing the X275 boys.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

Yeah well the idea only popped into my head because I found a 2jz On gumtree for $400, so rebuild was the idea... But a 4k would probably be better, stick original and be different by keeping the original motor aha, already has 8" deep dishes On her so rins are set, suspension would probably be next then... While I'm here, anyone got any tips on sticking that black bit back on the choke? I have to pull the choke with pliers on the cold mornings otherwise... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...