F1

Valandor

sorry to say this but tonights f1 race was brilliant

how good was barichello to come from 22 to finish 3rd with 1 pit stop? and what was up with sato 6 pit stops?????

and the second pIT Stop of alonso when he came out side by side with sCHUMacher???

fantastic way to start the season i rEKOn

Members dont see this ad

I'm pretty sure its batteries getting low in the wireless keyboard.

anywho, i agree, not that i saw the race, just the highlights on the news, shame dad didnt tell me it was on :D

ohwell, be sure to let me know when the next one is :D

Sato had 6 pit stops because in his own words "we had radio communication and fuel rig problems, which is why there was some confusion during our pitstops". I have to say I wasn't surprised with Super Aguri's performance, especially the fact that the second driver, Yuji Ide, got a drive through penalty because his mechanics were on the grid for too long.

And just when Toyota thought they might be able to bag a win this year! That was a pretty poor performance considering the money they're throwing at the whole exercise and the promise they showed last year.

But it's funny though, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Rubens was beaten comfortably by his teammate and Fisichella got his usual does of bad luck. It just shows you how good drivers like Michael and Alonso are at getting a car home, but still going faster than their teammates.

It was an exciting race. Generally though, the first race of the season usually is because it's as James Allen calls it "the first day back at school". How about the effort of Nico Rosberg to finish 7th (2 points) and also get fastest lap in his first race! Webber beat him by over 20 secs however. I think I only saw Mark about once or twice in the whole telecast!

Did anyone happen to see qualifying early on Sunday morning? I thought the first two sessions were excellent and the final session was boring for a while until we had "happy hour" when everyone was going for it. On the whole, the system was better than last year and I give a pat on the back to Channel Ten for somehow getting the rights to show it.

The closeness of the competition and the new format could bring some more interesting races this year.

i missed the qualifying sorry and my bad for the barichello call.

what can i say i watched it on the big screen at the pub....

lets just say i fell over walking home. lol

thats also why i didnt know what happened with sato cos i had no sound.

i gotta say rosberg looks like he has the good. give him a bit more expierence

plus he seems to have the guts to overtake in a tight spot where as weber wont unless it is completely safe.

but at least weber is slowly picking up.

thank god its shumachers last year. i mean hes a great driver but he is in my opinoin on the same level as andrew gaze.

both great at what they do but i don't like em.

go the aussie way of rooting for the underdog

I'm up for that :D

but it has to be one with wires. coz we all know wireless keyboards suck :D

My wireless keyboard and mouse rule....I have 3 sets of rechargeable AA's to share between my mouse and my digi cam, and my keyboard takes AAA's which are not rechargeable and have been in the keyboard for almost a year now!!

The only thing slowing Webber down is the extra 'b' in his name. If he changed his name to Mark Weber he'd go extra fast, but his fuel consumption would probably suck. Of course, he could overcome that by changing his name again to Mark Wickedly-Fast-But-With-Excellent-Fuel-Economy-Weber.