November 29, 201312 yr comment_672729 This got started after seeing a Crown ute wanted when checking the wanted to buy section a few weeks ago. I was on Gumtree browsing and typed in "toyota Crown Ute" and 1 came up in all of Oz. It was in Inverell NSW and I was in Caloundra QLD so after a few phone calls and Douggy agreeing on a road trip off we went in a borrowed Landcruiser with trailer. Since the ute was still regoed in NSW I drove from Inverell to Glen Innes then Douggy drove north and just kept going, stopping at Warwick for food n sleep. We got back here early on the Sunday and then got to check out the ute a bit. Being NSW regoed meant it had been sort of inspected every year but it certainly wasnt in roadworthy condition! Also it was originally white and was now black so it was time for a few decisions. I decided to re-do it the original white and fiddle with RWC items to hopefully get it RWC and then club regoed late January. It needs a lot of bodywork and the interior re-doing but I'll fiddle with these bits along the way but at least it can be driven once its registered. So the project begins! Report
November 29, 201312 yr comment_672736 Toyota. Cool. Old. Very practical Awesome combination & very nice to drive I must say Always enjoy driving an oldie Edited November 29, 201312 yr by PHATKE20S Report
December 1, 201312 yr comment_672776 Is this any use for bits? http://www.gumtree.c...edan/1032075549 http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gympie/cars-vans-utes/toyota-crown-74/1032064189 Edited December 1, 201312 yr by LittleRedSpirit Report
December 4, 201312 yr Author comment_673085 I wouldnt be too jealous that Stout ute looks pretty schmick too! Currently preparing the roof for a re-paint and sorting out where to source Crown parts. don't need too many bits, a new tailgate would be nice but mines saveable with a lot of work. Those Crowns on gumtree were different models. Report
December 6, 201312 yr comment_673202 Those crowns Lilredspirit linked would be already raided if they weren't so far away Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now