I’m Wondering About The Corolla Ae101 Sedan

Members dont see this ad

hahaha how did u mange to rolle it

my corollas broken down on me now getting it fixed tomora I'm have the worst luck with cars my last one was a lovley 1990 cressida and in a week the engine went so had to sell it at a loss and everthign pay people back so now I'm deat free and got find some car worth saving up for thats going to last me a long time

iv gota save up still so i might find a dirfernt kind of car till then but right now i recon the ae101 sedans are pretty cool

Edited by shadowhawk

yeah stupid 7m engine the 6th piston was lose

thats what i want a newer corolla i like the look of the ae101 sedans u know the late 1994 onwards ones I like the look of the sedans don't really like the hatches and they seem to be affordable i just got to save up for awhile I recon 4 or 5 grand will get me a nice one

We picked up a '96 AE101 (I think it was, however i thought it was an AE96) in absolute overrated condition, for five and a half grand, however it was advertised for $6,500.

We looked for a little while to find this, we found that alot of these cars are about the age of blowing the rear mains, watch out for any oil in the engine bay... most of these cars have done alot of kays, and be careful, a f@$king lot of these cars were used as rental cars here in WA, particularly the sedans.

Look at $5k and you'll probably end up with a reasonably good one with average kays. This was six months ago that we were looking, prices may have fallen slightly... and all you east coast boys, this might seem expensive or cheap, but its what we're paying over here.

For your $4k you could probably pick up a nice AE92... we also bought one of these around the same time, snagged a minter for 3500, had to replace CV's and another suspension component though, ended up with the best of 3800 spent.

By the way, if you ever want to flog off your beast, let us know :).

Dan.

EDIT: Also, i've heard of blokes picking up current shape corollas at the auctions for around 10k... word of mouth though.

Have a good one.

EDIT AGAIN: OMG my 1500th post was actually a helpful considerate post, not a whore post :lolcry:

*Rental :).

Rear mains seals are just that... rear mains seals :lolcry: I can't explain it very well, I'm sure one of our tech heads here will explain it properly for me.

Dan.

By the way, rental cars always go the hardest. I know our Territory did :hmm:.

*cough* OT

A rear main is the seal around the aft end of the crankshaft. If they are leaking, the underside of the engine will have a lot of oil on it. Have had no troubles with ours FWIW.

Like any good Corolla owner, timing belts should be changed at every 100K, or bad things may occur. If you buy one and don't know the history, change it anyway. If you don't know what you're doing when you want to change it, give it to someone who does.

As a friendly hint, can you start using some punctuation, as reading your posts are making my elderly brain hurt. :)

Cheers

R

Edited by Redwarf