Ke70 Pano 2Tg Help

conan

I posted this in the Ke section but got no love thought It fitted here a little better cheers

Got another pano yesterday it's got some potential but first I gotta deal with the problems. Let's start off with the good 2tg with twin solex carbs monsterous hilux LSD ( I couldn't believe how big it looked in a rolla) t50 Jdm celica struts and brakes. Now the bad part is the fact that I had to drive it home on 3 cylinders( from Canberra to Sydney) number 3 is getting no spark I had a look at the points n there was a growth between them not great. The carbys at least need the jets cleaned and I am a little bit aprihensive about playing with twin carbs but il work that out the drivers side tower has a horizontal spilt across from the different strut and some special person decided to run the noisiest huge holly fuel pump which has gotta go.

Now my questions are, can anyone suggest an appropriately sized in tank fuel pump I can use. Will ke70 top hats bolt on to the celica struts and any other suggestions on the spark problem or the carbys does anyone know if I can get an electronic dizzy. I've got an entire ae71 wagon I'm stripping to fix up the pano just need some advice first

Also I'm looking at just running a smaller in line fuel pump if I can find one

Edited by conan

Members dont see this ad

Clean/set/replace points/plugs/leads as necessary.

Jets themselves rarely need cleaning IMO. Or at least - whenever I've rebuilt a carby, they were the cleanest part.

Unless your carburettor gaskets and rubbers are obviously leaking or perished and/or the carbs are filthy then I wouldn't think carbs are your problem. Nonetheless carby kits are easy to do and you'll be an expert after building two over a six pack.

Is the fuel pump soft mounted?

Man I wish I had a reasonably priced 2TG.

I pulled the carbys down yesterday and found one if the jets sitting in the bottom of the bowl so I'm calling that a win n the it's a Holley blue fuel pump pushing 9-14 psi bracket is welded to the underside of the car I'm going to look for something different today it's going to be my daily so I want it quiet

And thanks for the reply

Solexes I'm not sure of,. but twin DCOE Webers run on quite low fuel pressures. That pump would over-fuel them. Check on what pressure you need for Solexes or get a fuel pressure regulator when you get a pump. Flow for DCOEs is 750ml in 30seconds I think, a wine bottle full...

Clean/set/replace points/plugs/leads as necessary.

Did that solve the missfire?

If the 5K electronic dizzy doesn't fit you can always buy an electronic setup to fit in yours. We've got one on the 18RG.

Get some pics up...

I got it all back together and she started no worries I put a 1-4 psi fuel pump on from what I've read the solex's need 3.5 psi runs great at idle but under load she struggles above 4000 rpm was also idling high but I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of replacing the springs of the carbys also it has a fuel reg I just don't know how to set it even still it's a pretty Toey little motor cheers for the advice

And photos will be up after work tomorro

Edited by conan

Ok so I don't know how to put photos up with my phone but il try an get to a computer but on the incredibly bright side I managed to get the carbies right just spent ages trying different things and now it goes hard I think it pulls harder then the big port I used to drive

I'm getting a laser thermometer today and I'm going to balance the carbs with that seems the most logical way for me to get the finner shit done any ideas what my extractors temp should be

And how do I measure my cam lobes it's got the same visible mods as my old 4age but pulls way harder just trying to work out what's been done to the motor