MR2 3sge Engine

J160 6 speed

the following kit from the UK to suit Beams engine

-Brand new lightened and balanced flywheel

-Brand new and genuine Exedy clutch pressure plate

-Brand new and genuine Exedy clutch driven plate

-Brand new and genuine Exedy clutch release bearing

Beams Starter Motor

Does any one know if the Beams flywheel has the same 8 bolt stud pattern as the MR2 or if any non beams motor does.

Can any one see any other problems?

Thanks for your ideas.

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Phone Nick Chiew at North Shore Toyota in Auckland before you buy the clutch gear. It may work out a lot cheaper.

I would be surrised if the flywheel crank bolts are different, but I've nver checked.

We've got a Celcia 3SGE & J160 sitting doing nothing if you're happy to use that instead of the MR2. I've probably got most of the RWD bits to go on it lying around, a project we got sidetracked away from. Where abouts are you? This is in Walcha.

• Thanks for the heads up, I'll give Nick a call. I'm looking at buying the MR2 engine & box from a guy in Brisbane & I was just checking if what I had in mind would work. If the deal falls through I will give you a call. What condition is your motor & have you done the conversion to RWD? We are about 11/2 hours north of Brisbane. Thanks.

We've never used the motor, we hauled it out of a Celcia at the wrecker in Orange when the Orange rally was on & put it on the truck. The J160 came from Brisbane when we were up there getting the spare RA40. They're both in the spares shed just as we got them. We reckoned we would build a copy of Neal Bates' rally car with a 3SGE & 6-speed. I've got parts from 3SGE RWD motors around, but we haven't sat down and sorted it all out yet.

Since then we've got sidetracked by TRDKE70's machine and Steve has started amassing KE70s, so the development on the RA40 will stop with the 18RG motors and we will build a KE70 from scratch.