Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Converting 4K-C To Electronic Distributor

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I've been looking around through a few threads and can't quite seem to find the answer I'm Looking for. What I want to do is convert my points ignition to an electronic one, however, in preparation for a future engine build I'm looking at doing it with MSD gear. What I'm looking at are these;

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Coils/Stock_Replacement/8203_-_Blaster_2_Coil_w/Ballast___Hardware.aspx

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/Ignitions/Daily_Driver/6425_-_Digital_6AL_Ignition_Control.aspx

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/toyota-3k-4k-5k-corolla-electronic-distributor-ke10-ke20-ke30-ke55-ke70-ke38-k-/111272845830

The car has a Bosch Distributor and changing the points often is giving me the S@#$&, as the car starts to run rough.

Looking through jackbyo's write up (http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/46089-how-to-install-an-electronic-distributor/) will the same instructions still apply with the gear I'm looking at? And Is there anything I'm overlooking? Excuse the noobness, I was working on EFI dunnydores before making the switch. Cheers in advance

  • Author

Or would it be easier instead of using the MSD 6AL to just use the Bosch Ignition module with the blaster Coil?

  • Author

Its an Auto at the moment but will be converting to manual shortly, if that makes a difference

Search for the Hot Spark.

  • Author

thanks for your response, but is it vacuum-advance?

  • Author

ands its a bosch distributor, so will the hot spark work? will i need to put a nippondenso dizzy in and then convert it? Thanks

I'm doing similar thing right now on 4k. Msd 6AL to msd blaster2 and electronic dizzy.

 

Installed and wired it up but haven't cranked her over yet. I'm new to this stuff so keen to hear peoples thought and/or experiences.

 

 

 

  • Author

Have you cranked it over yet? I'm in Bali at the moment, any thoughts on trying to find an electronic dizzy?

Not yet, but will post some pics over next couple of days

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.