Ke20 Diff Options (Need Options)

ke2020

hay guys. I'm currently in the process of building a ke20. not sure on the motor option yet but will be something turbo. hopefully around the 250rwkw mark. now i want to keep the sleeper look with the standard wheels and tyres for now. what diff will be a fairly simple bolt in with a LSD centre that i could run the standard ke20 wheels. keep in mind i want to do this on a budget as i will be putting a hilux diff and tubs down the track.

cheers guys.

Members dont see this ad

I'm not planing on it to last. Just something I can use until I start taking the car to the track. I have a Hilux diff already but cannot run the stock 12 inch wheels with it.

If you want to spend aprox $1000 on something that won't last KP61 6inch TRD 2 way LSD will bolt in a jap banjo diff, it'd be a shame to ruin good hard to find parts tho. With 250RWK+ it will just either stretch the bearing caps or smash crown & pinions then you're just putting broken metal thru a LSD that is very hard to find rebuild kits for. That money would be better spent on diff conversion. run 13's or something with the bigger diff if you want stock look get crown hubcaps or what ever they are.
  • Upvote 1

If you converted the front to 4 x 114.3, then you could use an R31 diff which is 4 x 114.3 and has an LSD option (the standard rubbish cone LSD from the silhouette, or the KAAZ aftermarket option).

I would suggest doing the differential once and doing it right. A good reliable diff setup will potentailly cost you more than an engine conversion.

• Upvote 1