Gauge Installation

simon_w8

Hi guys, am looking at putting some gauges in and have a few questions, i was wondering if any of you have any advice.

Probably looking at oil pressure, oil temp, volts, and maybe air/fuel.

Have had a bit of a look online about installing the oil gauges and they mention an "oil filter sandwich plate" which is kinda like a spacer plate between the motow and oil filter with 2 blank sensor holes in it. Has any of you put one in? Do they work? Ive heard of erratic idling and pressure afterwards.

Volt gauge is no problem. Put one in before. Piece of cake.

Air/fuel apparently only works effectivly if you have a wideband sensor. Is it worth it if its only the narrowband sensor? I have an AE112. 7A-FE motor.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

Basically you can run a oil pressure gauge via an electric sensor, or a pressure line. Depends on what type of gauge you get.

Electric sender is neater but the sender can be a little pricey. You can still run an idiot light with either, you just screw a t piece into the block where the oil pressure light sender is.

Really you need to decide on what brand of gauges you want to run and see what they offer.

You don't need a sandwich plate of any type, just run them from the current oil pressure sender location.

Thanks mate, i was wondering if i could run off the existing sender or not.

I was too concerned about putting gauges in the corolla originally but i have a double DIN pod up on my dash that is perfect for a gauge cluster. It will fit 3 gauges across, i just need to decide on the 3 to use, being non turbo i don't have a lot of choice.

post-17463-0-99911800-1395443158_thumb.jpg