5K Solid 3F Lifter Conversion Pushrod Lenght

Jansku99

Hi!

I have D shaped pistons and head with lugs under 1 & 4 cylinders. I'm doing solid 3F lifter conversion and need pushrod lenght and original parts number for that pushrod. Heard that it was same as 4K-u? We don't have 4K-u's here in Finland so that is why I need parts number to order from Toyota. Will 3K or 4K rockers work?

Thank you already!

-Jansku99

Members dont see this ad

I'm at this stage in my build also. i have sourced 3f lifters, and have the twin squish 5k head/bottom end, the pushrods you need are 179-180mm long. 4k rocker gear will work, pushrod needs ball end for lifter cup end for rocker.

good luck with it all, i don't think toyota make 4ke/u rods anymore so probably custom.

check out toyodiy.com to wig out a part number, just make sure u cross reference them as theres 3-4 diferent rods available

• Upvote 1

Toyodiy doesn't show lenghts, but Japan KE70 with 4K-U engine shows part number:

ROD, VALVE PUSH 13781-13010

It cross-references to other Japan models with 4K-U and 4k-J engines. European models INCLUDE Liteace with 5K, KE70 Corolla's with 4K and Starlets with 4K. Shows 3F 13751-61020 lifter there too, so I think that it's the right one.

When I go to work next week I will ask from our parts vendor - I work at Toyota dealership as mecanic - If they are still avaible from Toyota or do I really have to pay 150€ for custom-made pushrods from Esa Peltonen...

How about camsafts, are there differences with hydro and solid cams? If there is, what is different between them?

I managed to scrape outer camshaft bearing a little during disassembly, how do you change them as they are in the cylinder block? I assume that there must be some kind of special tool for that as they need to be straight and in correct place? Or should I just ignore that one scratch, maybe sand it down a little with 1000p sandpaper?

Thanks already!

-Jansku99

Edited by Jansku99

I had the cam bearings changed at the local engine shop. I picked the block up and there was a score mark in the first bearing. It was likely honed because it was smooth. I was told it wouldn't be a problem.

It's been 2 years. Hasn't been a problem.