Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5K Solid 3F Lifter Conversion Pushrod Lenght

Featured Replies

Hi!

 

I have D shaped pistons and head with lugs under 1 & 4 cylinders. I'm doing solid 3F lifter conversion and need pushrod lenght and original parts number for that pushrod. Heard that it was same as 4K-u? We don't have 4K-u's here in Finland so that is why I need parts number to order from Toyota. Will 3K or 4K rockers work?

 

Thank you already!

 

 

-Jansku99

I'm at this stage in my build also. i have sourced 3f lifters, and have the twin squish 5k head/bottom end, the pushrods you need are 179-180mm long. 4k rocker gear will work, pushrod needs ball end for lifter cup end for rocker.

 

good luck with it all, i don't think toyota make 4ke/u rods anymore so probably custom.

check out toyodiy.com to wig out a part number, just make sure u cross reference them as theres 3-4 diferent rods available

  • Author

Toyodiy doesn't show lenghts, but Japan KE70 with 4K-U engine shows part number:

ROD, VALVE PUSH 13781-13010

 

 

 

It cross-references to other Japan models with 4K-U and 4k-J engines. European models INCLUDE Liteace with 5K, KE70 Corolla's with 4K and Starlets with 4K. Shows 3F 13751-61020 lifter there too, so I think that it's the right one.

 

When I go to work next week I will ask from our parts vendor - I work at Toyota dealership as mecanic - If they are still avaible from Toyota or do I really have to pay 150€ for custom-made pushrods from Esa Peltonen...

 

How about camsafts, are there differences with hydro and solid cams? If there is, what is different between them?

 

I managed to scrape outer camshaft bearing a little during disassembly, how do you change them as they are in the cylinder block? I assume that there must be some kind of special tool for that as they need to be straight and in correct place? Or should I just ignore that one scratch, maybe sand it down a little with 1000p sandpaper?

 

 

Thanks already!

 

-Jansku99

Edited by Jansku99

the cam bearings need to be pressed out, not sure if u need a drift or what, i can't comment on the scratch, you know its always there if u leave it but,

 

i had my camshaft reground and it was originally a 5k hydraulic, its been ground for solid, no idea what was done

I had the cam bearings changed at the local engine shop. I picked the block up and there was a score mark in the first bearing. It was likely honed because it was smooth. I was told it wouldn't be a problem.

It's been 2 years. Hasn't been a problem.

check out regular 4K from 82,83,84. Most here have lugs under 1& 4 and no, theyre not 4k-u or j.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.