Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30-38 Throttle Cable For Engine Conversion

Featured Replies

Hey guys I've done an engine conversion that requires a longer throttle cable. Is there anything out there that might work and is longer than a standard ke30-38 cable

  • Author

Yeah mine has a 2j in it and an after market throttle body that sits quite forward. Did it just bolt up to the standard accelerator pedal? Any chance you could give me a rough length from the firewall to the end of cable?

It had a plug on it that clipped into the pedal, made like very easy. I did have to get the other end shortened (cable only) with a new lead on the end.

Its long enough to go round behind the motor, under the fuel rail and then do a 180 to connect to the throttle body. Without doing the 180 I reckon the end of the cable could nearly touch the radiator support panel.

  • Author

Righto I'll have to check it out thanks

Or you could just get a whole brand new one made up, there is a place on the northside here where I get mine done, usually cost around the $80 mark, just tell them what you want and they'll make it,

 

cheers!

  • Author

Yeah figured I'll just buy a new one. Seems to hard playing with other crap. Just not sure who does them on the south side.

http://www.atscables.com.au/ there at coopers plains. made my mates 60 series landcruiser cable to suit turbo engine in a day, under $100, i now have it and will use it for my twin carbs, if i didnt need it i would give it to you, its absolutely perfect. identical and works great.

 

the old dude there was really helpful, see how cheap he'l do it for. couldnt recommend higher

  • Author

Righto bud thanks for that. Might just go see him. I'm not to far from there anyway. Cheers

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

For anyone ever chasing a cable I got it made though ats cables as posted above. easy enough to deal with and cost $80 cash. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.