Clutch For 5K/t50 Help.

G'day

So what's the best solution for the K series engine to T50 box clutch for street driving. I bought a T50 that came with a three puck clutch that's no good for city driving. I'm running a worked 5K that should be about 100hp.

Went to the clutch guy and he ordered a T22 clutch.

That arrived and the clutch plate (190mm) fits the T50 gearbox box spindle (21 tooth) but the T22 pressure plate is too big for the K series flywheel. Will a T series flywheel bolt to the K series crank? or will it foul the K/T bell housing?

Should I use a K50 box instead (which I also have) and use the heavy duty K series pressure plate I have and get a new clutch plate? or is there a clutch plate you can get that fits the T50 gearbox shaft and also fits in the K series pressure plate 180mm?

Any ideas?

K50 or T50 for 100hp ish engine?

Will a K series clutch handle that kind of power?

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate if you already have the k-t50 you might as well use it. A t series flywheel won't fit a k. Most clutch catalogues have listing of 'some 5 speeds' with the 21 tooth plate, that is a k-t kit. I have a very similar clutch in mine to the one you have for sale which is an exedy. I don't mind it for daily driving however I know another member here who got the exact same kit and hated it, he swapped it out for a full pate HD kit.