Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryan's Other Te27

Featured Replies

Well I saw a deal that I couldn't pass. My wife spotted a 1974 corolla on Craigslist and the posting was recent. Due to how hard these are to find, I jumped on it and called the guy. It was in a tow yard, and had been sitting there for 8-10 years. It was stored indoors for most the time. I told the guy I wanted it and would see him in driving time (3 1/2 hours). The seller had pulled the tank, dumped the old gas, cleaned and put about 2 gallons of new gas in it. He charged the battery that was in it, and it fired right up. It had a very high idle and some hesitation. It even has AC! It blew cold after about a min. I bought the car and he delivered it using his AAA tow card. This TE-27 is in much better shape than my other one. My wife was asking me to get her a cool car to fix up, and I think this one fits the bill for her.

 

IMG_20141004_171710706_zps0uqxbpfv.jpg

 

IMG_20141004_171700075_zpsr5yon2cu.jpg

 

IMG_20141007_183737994_zps5bhq9rmq.jpg

Edited by Skellington

Great Score!! So hard to believe that people have these old gems just 'sitting around' and with

no idea how many desperate people there are out there dying to get their hands on one!!

looks great, as stated so hard to believe this was not being used and just left to rot. I am glad it has found a new home, and owner that appreciates this gem.

  • Author

Parts came in. In the next few weeks the wife and I (yes, she works on the car too) will be tackling: rear bumper, master brake cylinder, rear slave cylinders, rear shoes, hardware, carb rebuild (or weber), intake gaskets, mechanical fuel pump, all soft fuel lines, fuel filter, Distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs, breaker points, Radiator car, top hose, bottom hose, water pump, all small cooling hoses, and a thorough cleaning of the engine bay.

 

PICS! Outside of car is washed.

IMG_20141007_183645276_zpsh0zrceks.jpg

 

IMG_20141006_111850655_zpsvsw8c1zl.jpg

 

IMG_20141006_111914449_zpsf7pov2fm.jpg

Edited by Skellington

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

New water pump, fuel pump, and intake gaskets so far. I flushed out the cooling passages with a garden hose. There was so much crap in there, I think the seller cracked an egg in the radiator so it didn't leak. The small passage coming off the water pump was fully blocked. We are doing some cleaning while we are there.

IMG_20141020_125749911_HDR_zpsbzn1v1jj.jpg

 

IMG_20141020_160937759_HDR_zpshaffp8ie.jpg

 

IMG_20141020_160921038_zpskfpx0hkq.jpg

Looks good! Love your TE's! why not polish the valve cover a bit, make it a bit of a contrast? :D

  • Author

What? You don't like the dull look of oxidizing aluminum with yellow peeling clear coats? It will be addressed, but for now, I will focus on getting this car on the right path mechanically.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

My wife wanted a carburetor for Christmas. (I thought it was pretty funny) She wants her car to drive as my orange one did. We got a good deal on Ebay. This time I made sure I was getting the genuine European Weber that was stamped in the alum, and not the fake one with the sticker.

 

88995d14-b36d-4231-976d-5ea2d173a99b_zpsd1936be8.jpg

 

IMG_20141219_133757738_HDR_zpskqbhcodh.jpg

  • Author

Bought an Ebay Genuine Weber. They said it wont fit the 74, but I am determined to make it happen.

88995d14-b36d-4231-976d-5ea2d173a99b_zpsd1936be8.jpg

 

IMG_20141219_133757738_HDR_zpskqbhcodh.jpg

 

I pulled this manifold off the engine because the provided adapter doesn't fit.

IMG_20141219_153621445_HDR_zpsed6njmiy.jpg

 

Good thing I keep spares. This one is from a 78. There is a pesky EGR tube that will male a large vaccume leak. I know its not stock, but this is a driver, and I keep my stock parts.

IMG_20141219_153639723_zpss5orobwn.jpg

 

I cleaned the EGR port well and filled about 2" of it with RTV.

IMG_20141219_153711971_HDR_zpsineb9dps.jpg

 

It's a very tight fit. You have to remove the distributor to get this one on.

IMG_20141219_162324015_zpsqky5l8vy.jpg

 

Crappy low light pic of carb mostly installed. I swapped the fuel inlet to the passenger side. It fits under hood fine. Ill do linkage when I have more light.

 

I also forgot to post my reconditioned Minilites. They were for my car, but she wanted them, so she stole them off my TE27. Looks like I will have to recondition my mesh wheels too.IMG_20141108_191926456_zpsu7zpb6s6.jpg

 

IMG_20141108_191944952_zpswhmc22sn.jpg

Edited by Skellington

  • 4 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.