Rear Sway Bar. Best Mod I Have Done Yet! Ke20

crunk81us

So I was having issues getting around tight corners with my 2 way t series lsd, I added some camber and toe out to the front which helped quite a bit. Then I custom fitted a swaybar I had lying around to the rear axle. OMFG!! It is amazing! I can turn corners, I can drift, I can Scandinavian flick.... High speed corners with constant throttle with no understeer. With power on oversteer. I feel like I can actually drive this car now. I was starting to doubt my abilities, but after the new 170rwhp 4age went in, I have been having issues. I guess the chassis wasn't up to the grunt.

Very very happy man right here!

The combination of camber, toe out and rear bar.. Mwah ;)

And thanks to Coln72 for the help with camber. :)

Edited by crunk81us

Members dont see this ad

Mine mounted to the diff via u bolts and I used lengths of all thread through the floor to attach the sway bar to the body. Needed to reinforce the floor obviously. The bar I used was an after market one designed for a KE35.

I don't know what it was off, maybe a ke70? i welded a couple of brackets to the bottom of the diff, drilled a couple of holes in the floor, and mounted with couple of links and rubbers off an old swaybar i had lying around. I put a big square washer either side of the floorpan (about 2 inches across) and it works ok for now. I will do something a bit more permanent later. this was my first attempt at a sway bar, it was pretty simple, and works great. :)