Vus - The New Project 'rolla For Adelaide...

Envy

Hey all,

As some of you may know - On the 13th April, 2006 - I bought myself a 1984 Toyota AE71 Corolla Spirit, 5 Speed Manual and it has the 1.6L Super Responsive (hehe) 4-AC engine.

A very impressive car... Excellent Condition for the age and price I paid, which was only $750 - For a completely working car allround, no issues at all. Also to my amazement was the dash reading only 188,000 Kms :dance: ...I guess I hit the jackpot with this car :lolcry:

Anway this is my new project car, as I already have a daily car (1984 Mazda 626 Super Deluxe 2.0L Manual) and I am looking to swap the 4-AC motor for either a 4AGE 'Big Port' 100kW \ 4AGE 'Small Port' Silvertop 125kW \ 4AGZE 125kW Supercharged Motor.

I am located in Adelaide, SA, Australia - and hoping that I can do the full conversion for under $2000 (more so, $1500). I have found out that I will not need the car to pass a Regency inspection if I swap to a 4AGE - However, as soon as the engine is swapped for a turbo \ supercharged engine... there are many hassles which arouse - Meaning the car MUST PASS Regency Insepection - for it to be Registerable with the new engine.

Now I've been told by many people that A-SPEC Performance Tuning is the best workshop for me to go to for this conversion (maybe because of all the AE86's sitting inside hehe :y: )

Anyway until then - I will be doing my own modifications, and generally cleaning up and restoring the car back to BETTER than original condition.

I will post up pictures as the project progresses, until then... I will list the following modifications (however big or small they may seem).

Hope you all enjoy - Also any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers, George :lolcry:

th_91628_15042006762_Large.jpgth_91638_15042006764_Large.jpgth_91643_15042006765_Large.jpgth_91648_15042006767_Large.jpg

th_91653_15042006771_Large.jpgth_91658_15042006772_Large.jpgth_91663_15042006774_Large.jpg

th_91667_15042006783_Large.jpgth_91676_15042006784_Large.jpgth_91681_15042006786_Large.jpg

::: 14th April, 2006 :::

-Cut off Annoying Dangling Bit of Rubber from Rear

-Removed Wing Deflector

-Removed 4x Mudflaps

-Cleaned Up Boot (and found Complete ORIGINAL Toyota Tools Kit - Excellent)

::: 15th April, 2006 :::

-First Day of pics :D

-Washed and waxed the car

-Did a thorough 10 minute vacuum

-Sprayed plenty of Strawberry Essence Parfume into the car to make it 'smell fresh'

-Spent 2 Hours Buffing, and Polishing the car

-Bullzye Red Seatcovers

-Bullzye Blue Steering Wheel Cover

-Bullzye Blue Seat Belt Protectors

-Bullzye Grey Floor Mats

::: 21st April, 2006 :::

-New Bosch Spark Plugs

-New Top Gun Ignition Leads

-New Valvoline Air Filter

-Fixed Loose EGR Pipe to Carby

-Fixed Loose Carby... Rebolted it to Engine

* The 'Rolla is Running Beautifully now, after changing over the filter, spark plugs, and ignition leads... The previous filter was quite dirty, the old spark plugs had shat themselves, and the ignition leads.... well... all I can say is that one had melted onto the old spark plug. Anyway, since that drama - The car starts beautifully everytime, and runs a dream... I'm very happy :)

** Also, as of today - and after much research, and questioning I have (unfortunately) come to realise that my budget of $1500 for the engine swap on this car will NOT be sufficient... I have decided to stick with my 4AC, and get a straight through 2.25" Exhaust, and Custom Muffler (NO CANON) - Something with a very AGRESSIVE note ;) I will also be putting extractors on her.... It should be interesting to see how the engine performs, as I've noticed most people forget about the 4AC and straight away choose the 4AGE\4AGZE over it, without second thought (as I initially did)...

I will keep you all updated on my progress, and will take new photos of the car, once the mods are done - Hopefully Soon!

George

Edited by Envy

Members dont see this ad

Damnit... Someone told me the bigport was 100kW... oh :lolcry:

I'll go read some more - Pics coming in under 2 hours!

...I wish I had the *Hairdryer Edition* but I don't - Anyway its a stunning lil' 626 - Best Condition one, I've ever seen - If you want pics of it, I'll post them up :lolcry:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats one of the reasons why I took some of the photos which I did... as to give others an indication, as to what the spoiler looks like on the car...

Have another look @ my pics :lolcry:

Edited by Envy