Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help With K50 Gearbox Needed

Featured Replies

Hi

 

i Wonder if anyone happen to have a picture or a haynes book or something on the k50 gearbox. I'm overhauling my box and i managed to make the keys fall out in the first hub on the mainshaft, now I'm very insecure witch way the sleeve and the hub itself sits. The hub will fit both ways, but in one way it gives more space to the synchroring behind it and it seems very flimsy sitting there that loose, but if i turn it around, it sits pretty tight and the synchroring sits nicely in there, but its no space between the rings, hubs and next gear, so the only way the syncroring can turn is around,wich again seems a lil odd compared to the other hubs and rings in the tranny. This seems to be the most likely way to me, but i wanna be totally sure. Then the sleeve where the shifter for goes into, i assume its gonna sit with the thinnest part forward, meaning to towards the clutch, but again not totally sure.

 

I'm attaching a schematic here with the hubs and sleeve I'm wondering about.

 

I hope someone is able to help, K40 info is the same on this hub as far as i know, so that will help too.

 

THanks in advance for ur help, Tom

post-11214-0-10765300-1436642077_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Thanks for the tip, i have looked at those manuals and only prob is i would like to put the gears back together asap, but if no choice i will just have to wait until i get a manual.

 

i better order one now anyhow so the sooner i get it the better.

 

THanks, Tom

Hi Tom I overhauled one of these K50 a few years ago managed to get all the gears back ok fitted new bearings but got into heaps of trouble trying to put the selectors back together. Even with the help of my son {a Toyota trained mechanic} we eventually took it to 'Gabba gear boxes, the transmission specialists. After they had 2 goes at doing it it turned out OK. I bought a KE70 haynes manual which said Leave the 5speed overhaul to the experts. Lots of luck

 

Cheers Lou

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi again

 

I thankully got some help and was able to figure out how it was supposed to be, but now i have a diffrent problem.

 

I can't get a hold of the input shaft bearing, Toyota said its discontinued and its not in stock in either europe or usa. Idk about asia or australia tho.

 

The toyota part number is 90363-30017, the bearing manufacturer seems to be Nachi and the number seems to be 30bc07s7n1 I'm not totally sure if those are zeros or O's.

 

Anyone have have a clue where to get a bearing like that?

 

Help is greatly appriciated, Tom

Try a bearing shop. I doubt you'd pay more than $15.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.