My '06 Toyota Aurion Sx6 Sportivo

Kiwi-Corolla

Members dont see this ad

Mate you make a stock car look so great with the right low key mods. Amazing how much those rear light tints evened the rear out.

Wheels look fantastic.

Thanks mate. I've really been enjoying modifying this car so far. It responds well to most things that get thrown at it. The new wheels were just the icing on the cake :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted some slightly larger tires up front to fill up the guard gap a little better. Other benefit is that it brings the lip of the rim further away from potholes and is a bit more comfortable since you don't feel every dip and crack in the road. Fronts are 225/40/19 and the rears are 235/35/19. The old tires are only a few weeks old, but the wheel-well gap was bugging the hell out of me, so for now I'm happy :)

IMG_2787_8_9_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_2781_2_3_tonemapped1-resized.jpg

I had been thinking of a way to fill the void in the engine bay where the factory intake used to be and ended up killing two birds with one stone by settling on this large oil catch tank. It's designed to catch blow-by oil from the PCV valve during full throttle and turns the vapor into a mist that settles in the bottom of the catch tank instead of getting sent back into the intake manifold.

Radium Engineering made a catch tank set-up for the Lotus Evora (which uses the same 2GR-FE engine) and owners have reported quite a lot of oil being caught, so they sound like they could be quite beneficial on this engine. I had one on the Corolla and it worked well, so I figured it'd be worth a shot in the Aurion. Ended up putting my factory silver engine cover back on at the same too, as I prefer the cleaner look compared to my carbon fiber wrapped cover (which I'll still keep to mix things up every now and then).

Will be interesting to see how much oil this thing collects :)

IMG_2836-resized.jpg

IMG_2841-resized.jpg

IMG_2837-resized.jpg

IMG_2842-1-resized.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed these LED bumper reflectors today. I haven't see this particular style on any Aurion before so when I saw them I knew I had to have a set :). They're designed to be 100% plug-and-play with no splicing required and mount the exact same way as the stock reflectors.

The worst part about the whole job is that you have to remove the rear bumper in order to get to the screw on the back holding the reflector in, but it didn't turn out to be as difficult as I had imagined.

After fitting them I found that they were really quite bright, in fact too bright, so I put a layer of tint film over each light to dull down the light output a bit. Not 100% sold on the tinted look however, so time will tell if I pull the tint off or not. Either way, the lights are here to stay.

The lights come on when the park lights are on and get brighter when you brake. They also have the ability to flash when you indicate, but this looked tacky in my opinion so I left that particular plug disconnected.

All in all it's a nice simplistic mod that looks like it was there from the factory. Below are a series of photos in their original form and then tinted.

IMG_2987-resized.jpg

IMG_2989-resized.jpg

IMG_2990-resized.jpg

IMG_2992-resized.jpg

IMG_3010-resized.jpg

IMG_3011-resized.jpg

IMG_3013-resized.jpg

IMG_3014-resized.jpg

IMG_3020-resized.jpg

Also, these carbon fiber vent stickers arrived in the mail today so I figured I'd chuck them on and see how they look. I'm not normally a fan of dull/matte carbon fiber designs but these were nice and cheap. I traced around them before sticking them on so I can try and make my own ones out of glossy carbon in future:

IMG_3029-resized.jpg

IMG_3030-resized.jpg

IMG_3027-resized.jpg

Something a bit different from me - Night shots!! We decided to take the kids into town last night since they've never been before, so while we were there I took the opportunity to take some night shots of the Aurion with the Auckland Sky Tower in the background.

IMG_3044_5_6_tonemapped-3-resized.jpg

IMG_3050_1_2_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3062_3_4_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3068_69_70_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

IMG_3071_2_3_tonemapped-2-resized.jpg

IMG_3080_1_2_tonemapped-1-resized.jpg

Figured that I should post a few other small things that have been done over the last couple of months that made a noticeable difference (or at least to me anyway, haha). The photos were taken before some of the latest updates (carbon lip etc) but include chrome trim around the silver dash inserts and front fog light surrounds, a facelift Aurion license plate bracket that I modified to fit the pre-facelift front bumper so the plate sits nicer with the large frame, the reinstall of my original knob type A/C controls but wrapped in carbon vinyl to match my centre console and an updated photo of my engine bay as it stands right now.

20160325_122324-resized.jpg

IMG_2884-resized.jpg

IMG_2889-resized.jpg

IMG_2887-resized.jpg

IMG_2883-resized.jpg

IMG_2921-resized.jpg

IMG_2922-resized.jpg

IMG_2908-resized.jpg

IMG_2652-before-resized.jpg

IMG_2656-after-resized.jpg

IMG_2654-before-resized.jpg

IMG_2658-after-resized.jpg