Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Vs Forklift Engines.

Featured Replies

Hello, everyone, hope you're having a good day.

I'm new, tried to search this question but couldn't find anything. I'm not a native english speaker so that might be an obstacle.

 

I own '79 KE30 with 1.3 4k engine, she overheated and blown a crack on the head, it's clearly visible, so that's not good. Can i fit forklift head to a car engine? If not, why?

There is almost no data on the topic in my language, and i'm in desperate need of someone who can help with knowledge. Thanks.

One thing to identify is to see if both the engine in your car and the forklift engine are either "flat top piston" or "dished piston", reason being is that the combustion chamber in the heads are different between the two. The way to identify this is the dished piston motor has "A LUG" positioned at the bottom of number one and number four spark plug tube recesses. The flat top piston engine will not have these. once that is rectified, then yes, the heads are interchangeable without any drama's,(providing they are the same),

 

hope this helps,

 

cheers!

Edited by Clapped out

Does the forklift have a 5K engine? I have also seen many forklfts have a 3Y engine. While they look very similar, they are not the same!

 

If you can source a 5K engine from a forklift, you might consider using the whole engine to eliminate difficulties in swapping heads.

  • Author

This helps a lot, Clapped out.

Yes, there are a lot of 5k engines, however, they're ridiculously priced due to this forklift thing. I am currently looking at mx-5 engines and gearboxes, they look like a reasonable option, and complete engine costs similiar to 4/5/7k head, so there's that . Hope i'm not marked as a heretic now, haha. Just want to keep her on the road.

Edited by Aowski

I am currently looking at mx-5 engines

 

I LIKE that idea! One of the few under-2L motors still made in RWD format, I reckon the 1.6L with a 5spd would make a great package.

 

Go for it! Put up a build thread!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.