Ke70 Help A Noob

victor

hi all sorry for my spelling its really bad i am on my L Plats and get my p plats around may 2016 :( and please don't send me to one of those things like a build a tuff 4k i got very confused and had too many questions and thats why I'm here ..

post-23877-0-64315300-1452547114_thumb.jpg

I'm planing on getting a little more power out of my 4kc, but it can't be to obvious like a stupid lumpy cam, turbo, otherwise by by my Rolla...

so I'm hoping some nice people who can dumb dumb things down for me, and tell me what not to do and what to do. point me the right way people..

my budget is 1600$-2000$ and to do this all in may so I'm not driving around in a car half done. also i know very little about cars/engines and i know its gonna cost allot to do the 4k up i live in Adelaide if any of u want to sell me some parts your more then welcome to ...

bigger pistons? what ones to get how much would it cost$$ what else would i have to do?? 400$?? with everything.....

i read that 250deg? cam is good??? is that luppy also what would need to be done to the engine if i do that and where would i have to go to get it ground or something? and how much 200$-300$.......

28/32 or a 32/36 Webber i know i need an adapter plate and to down jet it how do i do that?? how much from a place like u pull it 50$??.....

2" exhaust, extractors, muffler, and all that that.. and i was thinking that would cost around 800$ would that be to loud i do plan to turbo it after i get my full license.......

compression what should i do for that was thinking around 10. or is that to much and how much would it cost 100$-300$$ to get the head shaved if thats the right word ....

any ideas are welcome and advice

Edited by victor

Members dont see this ad

If you can get your hands on a 5K from a low mileage LiteAce van that would be your best bet I reckon. To be fair they're getting a bit harder to find than they once were. But not impossible.

While it's no performance motor, the extra 20% power and torque would just about match a 4K with a cam - without the resultant poor fuel economy.

You can save for and source all the bits, drive your car around in the meantime, then drop it in on a weekend. I'd throw some extractors on at the same time.

By the time you do a service and put new fluids, gaskets, plugs, seals, filters, clutch etc. onto it you'll just about have spent your $1500.

And that's all I'd do on a first car! Drive away!

If you can get your hands on a 5K from a low mileage LiteAce van that would be your best bet I reckon. To be fair they're getting a bit harder to find than they once were. But not impossible.

While it's no performance motor, the extra 20% power and torque would just about match a 4K with a cam - without the resultant poor fuel economy.

You can save for and source all the bits, drive your car around in the meantime, then drop it in on a weekend. I'd throw some extractors on at the same time.

By the time you do a service and put new fluids, gaskets, plugs, seals, filters, clutch etc. onto it you'll just about have spent your $1500.

And that's all I'd do on a first car! Drive away!

thanks but i read that you can't swap anything on p plates or do any modification to the engine at all frown.png would this be an exception to that dumb law. or is it power to weight. ]

and i only plan on getting around 80hp out of her.

how bad would fuel economy be on the 4k done up. at best on a full tank, i get about 500km or more something like that depending on how i would drive it.

http://www.rollaclub.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/How_to_build_a_tough_K_motor

Any internal engine mods (cams, pistons etc) will be impossible for someone to pick up and ping you for on your P's, hell even an aftermarket carby looks stock when you keep a standard-looking air filter housing on top of it.

Another plan of attack... use your time on P's to build up a better engine that you can drop in once you finish your P's. How long are they now?

i think its 1 year on red p plates then 1 year on green p plates.. and I'm going to save up and get a sr20 turbo and pop that in there when I'm on full license... so in 2 years :(

I'd go with: mild cam, porting, twin carbies (or your Webber bigger single carbie), extractor and 2" exhaust. I wouldn't bother with pistons or bottom end.

No one should pick on you for those changes and you should feel a little difference.

this is what i was thinking of doing.. and i have to do the pistons any way blows a little smoke

mild/ cam.

28/30 weber.

compression.

pistons.

everything old and worn replaced.

PS thanks to every one relay helping me out with what to do :)

Read The Girls KE70... we've already done all that.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/

Straight-forward and simple mods. Take a read and ask questions.

I like the idea of getting another 4K motor and building it up so it is ready to drop in. They aren't expensive, and there are a few lying around on the farm at Walcha.... only 1500Km from you!

An SE20 is a nice idea, I have an N14 SSS, but I wouldn't worry about the turbo. KE70 suspension and brakes aren't that good and the costs will soon be far far greater than you will ever get back. Also, they are just coke cans in a crash, so don't expect to survive an SR20 turbo sized crash in one pice, or at all.

• Upvote 1

Read The Girls KE70... we've already done all that.

http://www.rollaclub...the-girls-ke70/

Straight-forward and simple mods. Take a read and ask questions.

I like the idea of getting another 4K motor and building it up so it is ready to drop in. They aren't expensive, and there are a few lying around on the farm at Walcha.... only 1500Km from you!

An SE20 is a nice idea, I have an N14 SSS, but I wouldn't worry about the turbo. KE70 suspension and brakes aren't that good and the costs will soon be far far greater than you will ever get back. Also, they are just coke cans in a crash, so don't expect to survive an SR20 turbo sized crash in one pice, or at all.

the head lights I'm going to do makes sense tthere shit and I'm going to move the wires from the indicator stick to the some where on the dash because i seem to alway turn on high beam when i indicate

everything else i dint fully understand...

i got it for free so what i do spend on it i am most likely going to get back not that I'm going to sell it

and for the sr20 i plan to do rally its defiantly going to have some safety to stop me from being a tree