4600 Rpm To Free My Breaks?!

Teddy

Gahhhhh

When my bundel of joy doesnt get driven for a wile, the breaks go sticky (thats my nick name 4 it) - basically they stick ( :) ), and u try and move the car - it aint go no where unless u rev the hell outa it then drop it into gear, which slowly releases their grip of death. - i have to do this a few times over untill the car will freely move without the need of tooo many rpms. I know this is bad for my car ... -> reving it, then droping it into gear, i REALLY hate doing it, but theres no other way i know of getting the car to move...

Any idea how to fix / solve this problem?

when the car was getting done for the road worthy - around x-mas time, the breaks @ the back were replaced completly - the hole lot, and the front pads were replaced ... hope this helps?

Please help !

Members dont see this ad

lol

The car was used a couple times a week untill dad went to china. The car was not "moved" for just over a week. I got into it yesteday and man she went no where. I cannot tell if its the back or the front or both...

Car is kept in the driveway outside, but as ive said else where - its looked after :)

- and in my first post - the breaks had there service @ x-mas...

bahh i duno !

that's a tough one, it could be so many things

incorrect drum adjustment, broken/stretched drum springs, sticking handbrake cable, leaking/siezing brake cylinders/pistons, clogged brake lines or master cylinder, bent/warped drums/discs, moisture on brakes causing rust, bent/siezing pedal pivot, incorrect pedal adjustment, leaking/siezing booster, maybe even a blocked vent in fluid cap causing pressure buildup

so basically just renew your whole brake system and you should be fine :) man imagine how much that would cost - discs and drums, lines, pads and shoes, handbrake cable, master cylinder, caliper rebuild, fluid. labour if you paid someone else to do it. not much change from $1500 there ay. i bet you'd have the best stopping corolla in the world if you did it though!

i bet you'd have the best stopping corolla in the world if you did it though!

Nah I think mine will still stop faster :) Hehe

Teddy: Seriously though, what you could do is jack your car up, see which wheel(s) are sticking. Then at least you know how many wheels are affected, then you can investigate more as to why it is sticking...

• 2 weeks later...

ah the problems been fixed for a while now.... it was just because it wasnt being driven enough, and now that its being used regualary, theres no problem at all :)

(toyotas don't cause problems, nature causes problems)

:D