Power Enterprise Pe1420

Twincam16seca

Members dont see this ad

Potentially. It's possible you may run the compressor wheel to fast though and get all sorts of issues.

I'd say alot of people do stuff because alot of people do it.

If you really want to delve into turbo selection it gets very sciencey quite fast...and I don't entirely understand most of it.

Depends where you want to make your power too. If you want a huge kick up the mid range with the downside being not as high peak power that will be a different choice turbo than just going for a high hp figure at max rpm.

I guess if alot of people do it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's correct!

Yeah I have tried to get into it more, I followed a calculation video on YouTube and used a gtx3067r and ended up with needing to run like 2.1 bar to supposedly get 200+rwkw, that was taking into account drive line losses etc.

I have been to mtq/sonic performance and had a chat to a guy there and he was saying I should get that kind of power with a gtx2860r, but the exhaust housings are limited size wise, where as the gtx3067r you are able to go as small as a .61 exhaust while still retaining a t3 flange.

It would be great to figure out the "perfect" turbo for a 4age for power and response, so frustrating! Haha

Edited by Twincam16seca

Have you seen this calculator before?

http://www.not2fast....urbo_calc.shtml

there are some good instuctions on how to use it.

Essentially you need to get the compressor map for your chosen turbo, and have a look at particular rpm values to see how the pressure and flow of the compressor interact.

remember because turbo is a centrifugal pump that flow and pressure are sort of independent, and if you start asking a turbo to add more pressure outside of its design limit you will just heat up the air instead of adding more flow. and similarly if you ask a turbo to push heaps of air but at not much pressure the impeller does not like that either and you'll end up with compressor surge. The engine needs to eat the air at a rate that keeps the efficiency of the compressor as high as possible to get best results.

You really want to try and maximise your compressor efficiency in the rpms that you are going to use all the time, which on a street car is probably say 3000-6500.

you got a compressor map of that PE turbo?

Edited by ke70dave

• 4 weeks later...