K Motor Electronic Distributor, Cap Doesn't Fit

Jansku99

Hi. I bought used K motor electronic distributor with no cap and rotor. Seller said that it was from 5K engine so I bought Liteace cap and rotor but cap doesn't seem to fit. It is too low, same thing as with 4K distributor cap. Does anyone have same problem? I'd like to know where to get cap that fits. Does anyone know if this distributor is from Japan models or something like that? Then I could go to buy it straight from Toyota if I knew the model. Some guy said that his Liteace distributor looked different.

Thanks already!

155p5rc.jpg

j93pf4.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Does the distributor have little aluminium plate or sticker on it, with Toyota or ND (Nippon Denso) numbers on it ? Your top photo seems to show the remains of a sticker on it, that looks like it has seen better days.

I looks a bit like a 5K dizzy, but differs I think. I'll go & grab a 5K one from the shed & compare with your photos.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

I compared my 5K dizzy with built-in ignitor, with your photos, and it looks very much like yours. Maybe the aspect ratio of your photo threw me off a bit, as the ignitor "looks" fatter in your photo than mine.

My 5K dizzy, still has the aluminium ID sticker on the side.

It states . . .

TOYOTA

19060-13100

100291-1349

5K-C

Denso Japan

Maybe those numbers will lead you to the correct cap & rotor for yours.

My rotor button has no numbers on it at all.

I'll go round up the cap later, but I don't think it has any identification numbers either.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Appears to be a jap spec 5k-j dizzy. My old one looked idenical. They were from a ke-74 wagon in Japan, they do have a better advance curve than a 5k-c dizzy.

I'll see if I've got a part number at home for ya.

Short of that i know who has it and may have a part number on the cap.