Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Smallport Ae71

Featured Replies

hey guys, this is my project 83 ae71.. i had a thread a while ago but decided to have it deleted and start again fresh... i bought the car on the 21 june 2015 and it didnt really do much for a few months, until i found some motivation to make it cool..

This is what it looked like the day i bought it .. white, slant front, unhealthy smallport 4age with downdraft weber (weird but cool), some steelies and mostly standard suspension, interior wasnt great and either was the exterior..

post-23106-0-82914400-1462954277_thumb.jpg

  • Author

It sat around for a bit, while I figured out a plan for it.. Original plan was to just rattle can it, get it running half decent and flog the ʞ©$ɟ out of it as a drift car.. But I entered a competition for a free closed door respray and won!! And so the quest begins.. To make this Corolla stand out as one of the cleanest on the road

I viewed this car while it was up for sale, needs a bit of work but a decent base to start with.

  • Author

So the car cost me $1500 and the first thing I did was sell off the bucket seat it had in the driver seat, sell the steelies and versions other parts I didn't want/like.. It sat on stock wheels but I wasn't mad.. Because at this point the car owed me $1100

  • Author

It's come a long way, I've been mega busy with body repairs.. So far I've bought 4 new doors with tint and good door card, new boot lid, whole new front end, velour seats (blue honeycomb) and various other bits and pieces.. Here's a few photos of how it looks now

post-23106-0-59034100-1462955380_thumb.jpeg

post-23106-0-71033500-1462955470_thumb.jpeg

post-23106-0-45628100-1462955491_thumb.jpeg

post-23106-0-92453200-1462955545_thumb.jpeg

  • Author

Stay tuned for a lot more future updates.. I have a few months to get this thing straight and ready to roll in for paint.. Colour I'm looking at going is called 'Royal blue' and I'm more than excited to see this thing looking good, it deserves to be pretty again

  • 1 month later...

Are you going to pay them for painting the underside of the bonnet, boot & the door frames and stuff?? or get a few aerocans of Royal Blue and do them first??

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

that sounds like a good idea.. To be honest i didn't even think of doing that

If you think you'll be messing around with cars for a while, it might be worth looking into getting yourself a compressor and gun. I still paint most parts with rattle cans, but nothing beats the nice wide fan you get with a proper gun when doing panels etc. Even just having the blower attachment for general cleaning and dusting is reason enough to have one for me. Then you've got sandblasting cabinets too..

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

The closed door respray was unfortunately dropped because old mate who was going to do it decided to delete all of his social media and pretty much went off the map.. still with the clean idea in mind I tried to get good results from a rattle can but obviously failed so the initial "rattle can and flog as a drift car" plan is back in full swing.

  • Author

Ripped out interior. Cut off the ugly rear flares and welded on flares from some spare front guards I had.. turned out pretty shit but what do you expect from a kid with no welding/grinding experience and a gasless mig lol.

post-23106-0-71633700-1481283389_thumb.jpg

post-23106-0-68891100-1481283467_thumb.jpg

post-23106-0-11895000-1481283494_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Bit of body filler to tidy the flares up...

 

And had to test them by doing a burnout of course

post-23106-0-12506300-1481283848_thumb.png

post-23106-0-65161800-1481283870_thumb.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.