September 24, 201610 yr comment_706447 Hey guys, I need some advice on things that might cause the engine to stall when applying throttle or choke. Context: had year old fuel in the car from about a year of sitting around while body work and paint was being done. Car wouldn't run without stalling after about 12months, so we drained fuel tanks and refurbished carby. Now the thing starts and idles beautifully but any choke or throttle causes it to stall. The fuel pump seems to definitely be working because I disconnected inlet into the carburetor while the engine was running and it was flowing a tonne of fuel. The engine sounds like it might be misfiring a bit, but I don't know how to diagnose that. The vacuum gauge says I'm getting 16-20in at idle. Vacuum coming an outlet at the back under the throttle. Report
October 1, 201610 yr comment_706499 if its stalling under throttle and choke, then it might be that the engine is not getting enough air or too much air, too much air and the fuel will burn to quickly and stall the engine before the next compression of the pistons. look at the idle choke setting, it may be set too high. Report
October 2, 201610 yr comment_706500 As a start I would check the float is set correctly. What does "refurbished the carby" mean, in so much as what did you actually do. Have you moved the distributor at all. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now