Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 front bumper fog light and indicator playing up

Featured Replies

Help!!! 

Trying to get my ke back on the road and Iv just got the engine running after 5 years but now my front bumper fog lights are playing up. 

When I'm indicating, instead of the actual indicator blinking the fog lights blink instead  

Iv tried checking the wiring but it all seems fine. Everything else is working. 

 

Pleasse help 

  • Author

Also I know the battery is stuffed but I have a battery pack and that normally jump starts the ke.

when I put the fog lights on it effects the indicators, it makes it blink slower. 

 

Thanks 

Most likely a faulty/dirty earth.

Run a jump wire from one of the earth wires to negative on the battery to see if it fixes the problem.

If it does clean you earth points.

  • Author

I have earth two wires but I got no idea what their actually for. Umm the only two main earth that I know of is the earth that goes onto the block and another to the battery. Is there meant to be any earth cables of any of the light wiring ? 

 

Thanks 

If you follow the wires from the fog lights one of them will go to a grounding bolt (or possibly front turning lights ground wire which will then go to a grounding bolt)

Remove the bolt, clean the contact faces and re-bolt it.

I'm not familiar with KE30s but the wiring diagram shows an earth for each front turning light.

Hi Kevin,

              The whole body of the car is the return path for all accessories to the negative terminal of the battery.  Because the fog lamps & front turn indicators are on the bumper bar, both turn & fog lights will have an earth wire going back to the body, which I'm guessing is not grounded at all, or is rusty.  When this earth is not present, both lights will try to work at the same time in series, which means each has 6 volts across it, which makes them both dim, & the turn indicators flash at a slow rate, because there is less current flowing through the turn indicators flasher unit.

Do as Jon has suggested, & run a wire from the negative battery terminal to the turn indicators & the fog light earth wires, which could be a white wire.  I'm guessing that the where the bumper bar bracket bolts onto the chassis is very rusty also.

Let us know if that fixes it.

Cheers Banjo

 

Edited by Banjo

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.