Madrolla68 Dyno Run

Well the day has finally come ,went to the dyno this morning to tune the NOS and the result is [email protected] 275Nm of torque

Pretty dissapointed in the camshaft,Camtech 609,it will be coming out in fvour of my last custom grind camshaft.A k series engine nosing over at 6000,i don't think so.

All in all pretty happy the engine stayed together and will be removing tha camshaft today and replacing it.

tell me what you think,id post the graph but don't knopw how to.

Matt

Edited by madrolla68

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fark. :P

maybe it is airflow limited. might need bigger carbs etc. what has been done to the motor so far?

Mate I'm pretty pissed off about it,there is no other reason to nose over so early as theres still 15oo rpm of power to be made yet.The thing should make 230 ,240 easy man.

the head flows well,i mean even a stocker wouldn't nose over that early.32mm chokes on twin 40mm dellortos should be fine ,big kickarse crane ignition system,2" exhaust with extractors of course.

It just goes flat you can hear it.

Any suggestions

timing? mixtures? plug gaps need closing? wrong plug grade? cam to far advanced?

did it go flat in the topend previous to putting on the nitrous?

are you giving it a 100 hp hit?

Yeah its been flat ever since i got that camshaft in it and yes it was doing it before the NOS,all the AFR's were spot on .

Thats what i thought it was so hence the dyno run and tune ,but seems not.

Only giving it 75 shot at the moment but it will take more if i can get the engine to rev properly.

Just wondering if ive mis timed the cam or its ben ground wrong.

No shit!!!!(not mean't Scarcastic at you)

Not happy jan

:P

Just checked the cam timing it looks fine so maybe this camshaft is too small afterall so out it comes,anyway looks like its lifted the head a bit too so ill take it off to check everything anyway.

Only a couple of bolts after all.

Anybody know where to get a stud kit or the likes to hold this head down better.

Matt

Just checked the cam timing it looks fine so maybe this camshaft is too small afterall so out it comes,anyway looks like its lifted the head a bit too so ill take it off to check everything anyway.

Only a couple of bolts after all.

Anybody know where to get a stud kit or the likes to hold this head down better.

Matt

Ok heads off nad it lloks like the head gasket has burnt not blown so I'm in the market for a better one,anybody got any good ideas on where to get one.

Mine lifted heads at that power level, the head gasket always looked fine.

What type of dyno was this on?,The torque is a lot lower than a turbo car. awesome achievement, i wonder at what

level the rods will break?, i had nitrous for mine but was scared to fit it.

I should have fitted a CDI unit though, have only just really found out how

good they are, good luck, can't wait to see how it goes.

cheers

darren

What type of dyno was this on?,The torque is a lot lower than a turbo car. awesome achievement, i wonder at what

cheers

darren

Not sure what you mean about what sort of dyno it was,remember i was only turning the engine to 6000 so theres still alot left in it yet i reckon.

Billet conrods are on the way.CDI ignition is the only way to go man,it fried the plugs and still manged 200hp with a plug gap of about 5mm.

HEHE,we will see soon how much the rods will take.

Matt

cheers

darren

what did you do to fix this? i've blowen a few head gaskets on my 5k turbo latley and its starting to piss me off!