Dizzy conection

1995Craig

Hi new user as I seem to have lost the account I started last year.

Quick question to the Guru's in the club. I'm putting an old led Tacho \ clock unit in a 1995 Corolla AE102R with the 4AFE 1.6 motor where can I connect the [green] signal feed wire to on this car please? The unit is compatible with electronic breakerless and transistor systems eg GM Electronic \ HEI or Bosch CDI.

Members dont see this ad

1) If you've got a 4AFE it's an AE101, not an AE102.

2) If the original cluster didn't have a tach (being an AE101 it probably wouldn't as only the 1.8 AE102s got the tacho) then you'll need to tap in to the IG- signal wire either on the diagnostics connector or the distributor itself. 

Hi all, success first go I found it easier to simply put a spade connector on the wire and run it from the terminal in the diagnostic plug. Just have to remember to disconnect if I ever get someone to check diagnostics. Even better the old Micronta Tacho cleaned up nice and looks and works like a new one. Now just have to look into the high idle issue [ I thought it was] the tacho shows it's running at 1400 rpm at idle. Could be related to the cold running as I think someone may have removed the thermostat or its stuck open.

Thanks again Ian.

Edited by 1995Craig