KE30-KE55

Novica94

Alright, I'm new to this so please go easy. 

I have purchased a 1979 Toyota Corolla about 2 weeks ago. After fiddling around i have found out that the engine is actually a 3K engine. So the previous owner has tried to swap the engine over. 

The engine starts and runs fine. What my main concern is whether the transmission from the 4k engine is suitable to the 3k engine. Or will i need to swap over the transmission too?

Members dont see this ad
1 hour ago, Novica94 said:

Alright, I'm new to this so please go easy. 

I have purchased a 1979 Toyota Corolla about 2 weeks ago. After fiddling around i have found out that the engine is actually a 3K engine. So the previous owner has tried to swap the engine over. 

The engine starts and runs fine. What my main concern is whether the transmission from the 4k engine is suitable to the 3k engine. Or will i need to swap over the transmission too?

Welcome! I'm sure you'll love the car. Is it a ke30? If so, they came with the 3K engine. But both ke3*/5* all came with the k40 gearbox, so the gearbox you have is fine :)

Check out the compliance plate mounted on the firewall. It will give you all the info you need to move forward with maintenance repairs and any plans you have for the car. 3k and 4k engines are interchangeable as are the 4 speed 5 speed and auto gear boxes that they came off the assembly line with. Welcome to the wonderful world of rollas.