4AGE into 1992 Toyota Corolla Ultima

torana

I have a spare SX Corolla with a good motor and a shagged body. I have a plan. Buy a 92 Corolla CSX or Ultima with good body and interior AC, PS, other luxuries etc. but with a shagged engine from a dealership's trade-in stock. My question is this. How much would I expect to pay for a 92 Corolla in this sort of condition and how many hours required for swapping a shagged 4AFE out and fitting a good 4AGE in. Donor engine is from 1991 AE92 SX Corolla. I'm hoping I can disconnect, swap the Y frames and reconnect. What could possibly go wronh???

SX.JPG

toyota-corrola-90-1.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Yeah that'll work. Did it a few yrs ago. 

The best part about doing what you are doing is that you have two of every part (your old car, and your new car), so you can put the better part on in every circumstance. Tedious though, unbolting and bolting on OEM shit is not exactly fun....

I cant rememebr all the specs but i thought the SX corolla had alot of good bits over the CSi, so i think youll end up swapping basically the entire car, pending how far you wanna go of course. 

We did did the same thing years ago with an SX ST162 celica. Had the lower model 3sfe car, and we got a smashed sx car with the 3sge engine. Swapped the lot. Hell of a lot of work!