Brake Pad Reviews

irokin

I thought it might be a good idea to get peoples opinions on the brake pads theyre using. Of course you alone can't try every brake pad on the market and find the best one so I thought it might be a good idea to gather some info on different types. Now naturally not everyones braking setup is the same so this will end up being a rough guide at best. Try to only comment on cars that youve tried more than one type of pad on.

Start your review with a short summary, you can write more about them underneath if you so desire. I will try to keep a summary of good :P and bad :( reviews (and inbetween). Try to keep it performance oriented but you can of course make comments about their streetability. i.e. A bendix standard pad may be great on the street, but shit for any kind of performance driving. Conversely an Endless carbon ceramic pad may be shit for street driving but awesome on the track. However post their characheristics when driven at least moderatly hard.

Bendix standard (asbestos). Moderate dust, high pad wear, fade fast, low noise.

Something along those lines. Keep the discussion out of this thread please, youre welcome to start one in off-topic if you want to chat about a pad or whatever more specifically (or in general mechanical as long as its all relevant). You don't have to agree with everyones reviews, if you don't, post your own views.

----------------------------

Racebrakes RB74 - ;) :D :D can be noisy

EBC Black Stuff - :cool:

Project Mu level max 900 - :P expensive

TRD - :P

Ferodo Excels - :P:)

Ferodo metals - :P

Bendix Standard (asb) - :| not manufactured anymore

Bendix Advanced (nasb) - :( :)

Bendix Ultimates - :) can be dusty

Bendix General CT - :(:(

Members dont see this ad

Racebrakes RB74. Cheap, work better than standard pads in all conditions (they work cold, and I haven't managed to get them to fade yet either), can be a bit squeely though. Have used them in standard Corolla calipers, Corona calipers and Hilux calipers, all thumbs up :P

Bendix Advanced. Low dust, low pad wear, ok fade, terrible friction coefficent and near non-existant intial bite. Avoid for any application.

I guess the only thing theyre good for is low wear if youre a complete tight arse.

well dusty pads don't really faze me, but...

Thats all good and well...but what about everyone else? I'm trying to have this so that people know the characteristics of the pad. Ive got dusty as hell pads too, but they stop extremely well so I live with it (i.e. rims look dirty after less than 100km)

i can't find ebc black on their website...have they been discontinued?

i rate rb74 as well :)

if money isnt an issue Project Mu level max 900....carbon metal, 900deg, no fade, last longer than rb74 & reasonable on rotors

a mate of mine has trialed rb74 & project mu around QR in his bt20v and has had fade problems towards the latter part of the day on rb74's but can't fault project mu

The Sherrin Mini uses Ferodo Racing pads, I'm not sure what compound they are running, but whatever it is, it's good stuff. Never got any fade in them even after a hell of a lot of trashing through Targa Tasmania. Don't know how well they last though, and they're pretty dusty.

The Sherrin Mini uses Ferodo Racing pads, I'm not sure what compound they are running, but whatever it is, it's good stuff. Never got any fade in them even after a hell of a lot of trashing through Targa Tasmania. Don't know how well they last though, and they're pretty dusty.

Probably either DS2500 or DS3000s?

i supplied them, jack loves them hey...

i can't find ebc black on their website...have they been discontinued?

i rate rb74 as well :)

if money isnt an issue Project Mu level max 900....carbon metal, 900deg, no fade, last longer than rb74 & reasonable on rotors

a mate of mine has trialed rb74 & project mu around QR in his bt20v and has had fade problems towards the latter part of the day on rb74's but can't fault project mu