Changing A Autobox To Manual

Members dont see this ad

I have changed 2 KE30's from auto to manual...and the pedal box is not all that hard, just fiddly and annoying like you said. I found the most difficult bit was actually getting the pedal box to clear everything as I took it out...and worse making it fit back in.

And I also HATE pulling auto's off engines...the stupid convertor bolts are almost always impossible to get out...it's a pain in the ass

I have changed 2 KE30's from auto to manual...and the pedal box is not all that hard, just fiddly and annoying like you said. I found the most difficult bit was actually getting the pedal box to clear everything as I took it out...and worse making it fit back in.

And I also HATE pulling auto's off engines...the stupid convertor bolts are almost always impossible to get out...it's a pain in the ass

you mean the 10mm that hold the torque converter to the flex plate??

did this the other day and was thinging how the hell to you get a spanner on that well enough to get them out......then realised on the bottom of the backing plate there is a little cover that pops out so you can use a ratchet. did you not find this cover??

you mean the 10mm that hold the torque converter to the flex plate??

did this the other day and was thinging how the hell to you get a spanner on that well enough to get them out......then realised on the bottom of the backing plate there is a little cover that pops out so you can use a ratchet. did you not find this cover??

Yeah I know where the cover is...Most of the bolts I have had to remove, have either been rusted, or so so so tight I couldn't get them undone.

why not, i was going to use a 4k and gear box and hack out all the other bits i need.

is the clutch pedel to big?? TELL ME PLEASE, WHAT IS HAPPENING :)

does any one have a picture of a clutch pedel???

Are you suggesting you want to try and use KE70 parts for a KE10?

sort of related subject, when your pulling an auto out you can leave the converter bolted up, yank the box then undo the bolts on the ring gear, just expect to drop some oil.

just don't try to put it in seperatly or youll stuff the pump in the box