My Ke55 Box On Wheels

evilbetty

well heres the goodies i hope to use if they all fit properly............

ive measured the front springs and they are 11 and 1/2 inches in height, hope these are gona actualy lower the car a little ,don't really want to hack these up too much ,just spent a f@$k load of cash ,not to keen to have to fork out for more!!!!....

post-1560-1150882981_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok well this car is nearly finished!!!!!well ost of its done now and i have to say considering how the car looked when i got it just over a month ago i have to say it looks a hell of a lot better now!!!!!and I'm alot happier to drive it too,

so the last few days i have been looking at lowering my car ,

since ive never had a car with leaf springs in the back i was a

bit concerded on how this was going to go also the front springs ,

i wasnt sure how it would sit ,but its turned out ok ,so heres what i done....

first i wanted to lower the car 3 inches at the front,which i could have done but it turned out i didnt really need to go that low,

so for the front of the car a bought munroe gt gas inserts and a set of super low lovel springs ,now the lovells were supose to lower the car at least 2 inches,but it didnt!!!!!!! was quite anoyed at that ,because the guy who sold them siad it would and also the lovells web site said it would also ,as it ended up the lovells lower the car just under 40 mm,not being happy with that i had to cut a small part off

started with 1 coil and then ended up taken another 1\2 coil off,

the springs are slightly loose but nothing to extreme,the gas inserts

fitted well and made the suspenion all nice and stiff,so i was happy with that ,

now if you look at previous photos you can see the guard clearance it was a little over 3 inchs it now sits at about 1 and a 1/4 inchs,at the front, its not super low or anything like that but when you compare to how it was it looks a hell of alot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now with the rear i followed rolla boys instructions but in stead of taken 2 leafs and fliping them i just did 1,i have a fair bit of weight in the boot with the sub box and crap so i leaft it at one leaf,did exactly as rolla boy had done amd wola it worked very well ,i was pleased :) :y: :D :y:

so the back was sitting at a little over 2 and 1/2 inches away from the tyre now its about 1 and a 1/4 away and its all very much level from front to back :y:

the last 2 days were hard out rolling around on the ground under the car for hours and hours after a hell week at work!!! but its all good ,been driving the car around and its great ,very firm suspension steering is still smooth and also theres no guard rubing or wierd noises so thats gota be good !!!!!

I'm still waiting for a nice sunny day to get some nice photos as its raining and crap down here in melbourne but ill post up a couple of pics /..................