evilbetty

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, this is one of the most inspirational KE's that i've seen on these forums... everytime i see it, makes me want to go out and work on my car :thumbsup:

You may be able to do a XF Falcon style spare wheel, in the drivers side inner guard, sitting upright, though this most probably wouldn't work due to a) sadly, pre-82 KE's have leaf springs :cool: and b) i think your putting a sub there...

You could, perhaps, cut out the spare wheel well, and weld a similar (or same one, i'm not the best in the fabrication/welding game...) upside down, with a securing bolt welded to the centre, and a large wingnut for keeping it up there, similar to what you would find on a four wheel drive or pre-WB holden ute. This would then free up your floor, you could go as far as flat floors, cupboards, hell, even a kitchen sink (would make a sick sub enclosure :D).... If I was going to do up a KExx that would be my plan...

I've also heard of people who want to toy around with wagon rear ends, but I don't want to ruin there achievement, so I won't bother explaining...

That all said, I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't cover more than 1/4 of the spare wheel with the cupboards, you're not going to run into any problems, it should fit in and out without any problems. Toy around with a spirit level or piece of bar and you'll find out whether i'm right, or (most probably) wrong...

Anyways, good luck anyway... one inspirational rolla :y:

Dan.

hay thanks guys for the great remarks ,much apreciated,

I'm pretty busy this week but will definatley post up a few more things the following week end i got a few things that i want to do ie:

build a sub box and mount it somewhere,

that one has got me stumped at the moment because i still want acess to the spare wheel and tools but also don't want a huge box taking up my hole boot so will be doing a lot of thinking on that one,

another thing is removing the clock from the dash and replacing it with a 2 inch tacho,also this could prove to be a pain but should be possible???? any one done that be fore?????

yeah i took out my clock and put one in! now i know how many taco's my car eats! :thumbsup:

it wasn't to hard just bent up some mounts from aluminum (is that how its spelt?) and then used a glue gun to make sure it didn't bounce around!

yeah i took out my clock and put one in! now i know how many taco's my car eats! :thumbsup:

it wasn't to hard just bent up some mounts from aluminum (is that how its spelt?) and then used a glue gun to make sure it didn't bounce around!

sweet i thought it could be done !well that will be a mission on the weekend then will put up pics just incase some else wants to do it ??? cheers leigh

:thumbsup: Cause my KE30 with the KE55 dash has the KE55 cluster. I know that it has to be scanned into a pc, but was unsure how to get around it cause the faces aren't flat??

Edited by JiP_01