My Ke55 Box On Wheels

evilbetty

Wow just read this and am surprised by your progress well done and that colour is awesome, is it 2pac or acrylic?

Cheers Trent!

hay trent the paint work is all ppg refinishing products,

custom blue pearl mix with 2 pak clear coat, cheers for the comments.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well as i talked about last week i wanted to put a sub in but wasnt sure how i was gona fitt it or set it up,well ive done it ,i decieded that i would just put a box in and see if it pisses me off????,well

it was an interesting job ,ran into a bit off a problem but managed to get around it sort of,so heres the gesst of it,

ok sub box ,well i just made a box out of mdf,it was sort of a rush job but it came out ok,

i made a bit of a mistake on the measuring up,

so anyway mdf box used glue and wood screws to hold it all together,

that worked all well heres a shot.....

post-1560-1150539336_thumb.jpg

then i covered the box with a bit of material,big mistake!!!!!

i tryed fitting the box after i had covered it in the material and ,dam it!!!!!! it doesnt fit!!!!!!!! :jealous: :D :hmm: :o

just a bit bigger than i hoped ,the box just fitted into the boot with a little bit of room to move it into position,but when i went to close the boot it was no good too big!!! the problem was the boot hinge,so i removed the box again and instead of building a smaller box i did a bit of a doddgy mod to the box!!!!!,

i had to cut a slot out of the box so the boot hinge would slot into place ,so thats what i did ,but i hated doing it!!!!!!!! cutting up the box i just built and was nicely covered ,then i had to hack it up!!!! wasnt happy about that at all,but ahh well got the slot cut and then filled the gap with more would glue and screws follwed by sealer around all the joints ,then back to the car fitted the box and this time ....... it fits!!!!!!!!!!!! :y: :y: :y:

so procedded to frill holes into the boot floor and bolted that sucker down ,fitted the crapy cheap ass sub woofer and speaker grill,

wired it up and all good it works ok,

so a lesson for you all out there measure twice cut once!!!!!!

heres a few shots .......

post-1560-1150540403_thumb.jpg

and finally shes in wired up all working ,looks ok i guess,I'm not really that happy with it but it works and the boot closes and theres still a bit of space left in the boot ,so yeh thats pretty much that !!!!!

any comments???? heres a few more shots of boot.....

post-1560-1150542262_thumb.jpg

Dan says: Looks f@$king sick mate...

Only thing I could think of that would make that boot look any better than it alread is, would be to whack something up to fill in the gap between the sub box and the petrol tank... would be a very, very good boot then.. in my books, anyway...

Dan says: Looks f@$king sick mate...

Only thing I could think of that would make that boot look any better than it alread is, would be to whack something up to fill in the gap between the sub box and the petrol tank... would be a very, very good boot then.. in my books, anyway...

well actualy dan i was thinking the similar thing were as i was going to put sumthng in there to hold the jack and the jack handle but that will be later on when i can be f@$ked ,cheers for the comments , i was also thinking of puting a light in there somewhere due tothe fact there isnt one!!! so that could be another little mission to do? but for the moment I'm reasonably happy with how things have turned out .

thanks

evil betty

holy crap, this car is actualy getting done... like realllllllly quickly !

i wanta see this one in real life :lolcry:

looks awesome mate :)

cheers teddy ,yeah the corolla is getting done reasonably quickly

considering the last car i had i spent 2 years on,i didnt really want to spend that long on this one !!!! so the general idea was to get it tidy and clean looking etc so i can drive it ,ive had the car for just over a month now and the basics are allready nearly done!!!!!

RESPRAY

INTERIOR

ALARM

STEREO

yeah so thats your basics i guess,got a few more things coming up to finish it up tho,

needs wheels badly the old standard biscuits arnt to nice looking,

and the ride hight too so will have to be lowered a bit ,it feels like I'm driving a truck!!! ahhaha oh well nothing a bit of spring work wont fix,also i have to finish the interior the last thing i have to do is make up a car seat cover ,now thats gona test me i think,another is there is a noise coming from the left rear wheel area i think it could be a wheel bearing but I'm not sure hopefully next week end ill get the chance to have alook,hope fully its not too serious???????well keep watching should have a few updates next week end ,