June 13, 200620 yr comment_123119 :thumbsup: -Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has seen KE30's with Chrome mud guards and what they think of them. I thought that when i saw them on my car that they must have been aftermarket but on Friday at the wreckers I saw another KE30 around the same year as mine with them too. Here are some pics, sadly i didn't take many before i took them off. they are by the front wheel. Just wanna know what everyone thinks of them and if i should put them back on as i kinda like chrome. Edited June 13, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123123 don't think they are standard. mudflaps are great for accelerating the onset of rust. Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123156 I don't like them too much. I think mudflaps can be a good thing, but only if they're mounted properly. And kept clean, because while they stop your paintwork getting all stonechipped (which is bad for rust too), it also tends to collect mud and crud and moisture, which is also bad. Self tapping screws in general are bad news, whether to mount mudguards or a relay or anything else, because they take the paint away as you screw them in, leaving the metal vulnerable to rust. Use a proper nut/bolt, or a nutsert. Report
June 13, 200620 yr Author comment_123158 :thumbsup: -Well my car is about to go to my panel beater and i might give hime all the chrome bits that I removed to put back on after the car is painted. So i'd say that he would do it properly, i hope. thanks, Jon. Report
June 14, 200620 yr comment_123169 my ke30 had the chrome mudflaps when i bought it....i bought it off two old grandmas who were the original owners and i don't think they were much into the 'aftermarket' side of things lol...they may have been standard, i took mine off now i have some really ummm......'nice'....looking screwholes showing themselves. Report
June 14, 200620 yr comment_123170 I would be inclined to tell him how you want it done, or do it yourself. Sadly, it's a fact that most panel beaters tend to take the "easy way out". Report
June 14, 200620 yr Author comment_123248 :thumbsup: -I have a good feeling about this guy cause he actually takes the time to describe things to you and he gives you options. He tells you the cheap bodgy way and the more expensive, yet better off in the long run way. Report
June 14, 200620 yr comment_123343 Yeah, but remember, the proper, better in the long run way usually will be his way of making more cash, by making the 'dodgy' way seem much more dodgy then it really is... Not to mention hes probably cutting corners in the proper way... But lets just hope that I'm jumping to conclusions and that in reality hes a top bloke who does his job properly :jealous: By the way, I give those chrome mudgaurds a deliberate thumbs DOWN. I think they'd suit a white sleeper, but just looks out of place on your automobile. Dan. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now