Ae80

ae80jeff

Members dont see this ad

I believe they're a carby-fed motor so you could drop a 4AGE in it but you'd have to do some rewiring, fuel system will need to be upgraded to an EFI set-up etc.

All your parts can be sourced off an AE82.

Is your car a 2 door or 4 door?

Edited by Raven

Difference would be Engine.

You'd be running a 2A-C or 3A-C in it where the AE82 base model ran a 4A-C and the twin-cam model ran the 4AGE.

Do you have pics of the car?

My mate went and fitted a 20 valve 4AGE Turbo motor to his FX-GT, which is a 2 door version of the AE80/82.

what fits as straight bolt in, into the ae80 engine bay. and is there any probs with conv. from auto to manual ie pedals and hydraulics

all a-series motors will fit in ur bay(ie. 4ac, 4afc, 4afe, 4age(16v/20v) 4agze(afm/map).

and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but i do believe all the holes for the auto to manuel conversion are there already. also as raven said u need to update the fuel system, brakes and redo the wiring.

where would the best place to buy parts or get advice for the coversion from 2A to 4A, and also someone to do the wiring in adelaide? is the pedal box different in the auto or is it just an extra box for the clutch pedal. is there a manifold available to put a 45 weber on a 4A and is there enough room between the ports and the firewall? does anyone know if the manual gear linkage bolts straight in to the place wear the auto selecter goes , i think with an extra bracket (from what ive read in the gregorys book) :)

i know its probably illegal but i was going to forget all the vaccuum stuff and just run a weber and extractors with no auto choke etc which would free up alot of ponnies i think. alternatively i may just leave it stock as i really just want a fun car that costs a little as possible (without cutting corners)......famous last words! :)