Dales Ke20

dale72ke20

This is my ke20. It used to be my wifes car until she got hit by a drunk driver about 14 years ago and said she wanted somehting a bit more substantial. I was driving a v8 commodore at the time so she got that.

And her little mustard ke20 was mine.

Pulled it apart and did a full body rebuild, replaced the suspension ( kyb gas front and Tokico rear ) and brakes, and converted from a 3k and toyoglide to a mild rebuilt jap import 5k ( full balance, mild cam, HD valve springs with new valves ) and an electronic dizzy. It runs a sprinter twin outlet ex manifold running into a 1 7/8 system with a single hotdog muffler. She runs mazda rx4 rims with falken z tyres ( 185 front and 205 rear )

I also have a 4ke manifold etc that i intended on installing one day but life distracted me.

interior just copped new carpet, a sports wheel, kenwood head unit, amp and new speakers, and a couple of cans of black vinyl spray.

She was driven until 1996 when I bought myself a Liberty RS turbo wagon ( and was then broke for a few years while paying it off ).

The Corolla then just went out for a weekly spin around the block to keep her running.

The Suby's now long gone and the Corolla is going to come out to play again.

Been buying bit's for another rebuild ( cancer has come back in bottom of front guards and in bottom of boot lid ).

So far have twin aisan carbs and manifold ( not sure if to go that way or still do the 4ke manifold injection path), a brand new old stock dash top, she needs a timing chain so i have one waiting, An underdash air con kit ( my uncle owns a car air business in QLD and gave it to me last time i was up there along with moulds for some Levin flares ) and a pair of SAAS seats and harnesses.

What I want for it are a full cage, bigger front brakes ( and maybe power assist ), and a set of extractors and side exhaust.

The intention is she will just be a fun club car, no pretenses about being fast or anything, just fun.

Cheers.

post-1798-1151067406_thumb.jpg

Edited by dale72ke20

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...