Ke70 Idle Problem

My KE70 has developed an idle problem. I drained the battery completely dead last week which was my own stupid fault and after replacing it, the car starts and unless I rev it, it idles pretty lumpy and the dies after 3 - 5 seconds. I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with my choke and I don't know what it could be. I was thinking it might be because the old owner filled it up with premium and I don't? Anyone got a clue? Help much appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

Have a look to see you havent disconnected the Idle cutoff solenoid. It runs from roughly the battery area, theres a connector just forward of the strut tower and it runs to the carby from there. If this isnt connected your car wont idle but its possible to start it if you use some throttle. Just have a look for a disconnected wire around the carby area.

I had the same issue when i recently removed the carb from the inlet manifold and didnt connect it up and it was the Idle cutoff solenoid that i hadnt connected back up again.

Edited by Raven

Ok, I had a poke around this morning, noticed a red, white and green wire that wasn't connected to anything, but didn't notice any other disconnected things? I might try get a pic because to be honest, I've got no idea what I'm doing.

well with my 4k in my ke55 it idles at about 1200 anything below it just lumps and feels like it wants to die...also when driving for say 10minutes on a highway then braking the motor cuts out when clutch is in when car is stoped with brake on :) also the secondary butterfly doesnt open :(

I managed to get a photo and Teddy seems to think it's connected. Medecine Man suspects it's a fuel solenoid? He told me the general location of it but I don't know what to do. I'll take a better picture of it tomorrow and post it up.

This is what I got, Teddy says the green one is the idle cutoff and it seems connected but can anyone explain that green, white and red wire?

3small8av.jpg

Just yank the wire out of it's little hole?

Thanks for all your help mate, you've been a huge help.

EDIT: I had a better look around. Do I have to take the whole air cleaner assembly off to get to the bolt that is like an inch in?

Edited by Andrew Ryan